UKC

Gritstone midges

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Offwidth 31 May 2012
The buggers got me last night as it started drizzling at The Roaches. First time I've had a problem this year and I was hoping it was the first year in a long time I'd make it to June midge free!

Hard to focus on a complex, bold, slightly dirty crux, onsight, especially with a belayer struggling to maintain full attention...I bottled and we went to the pub for the BMC meeting.
 SFM 31 May 2012
In reply to Offwidth:

Sounds like they just wanted the crag to themselves. Did they have wee 5.10's on? ;O)
 Chris the Tall 31 May 2012
In reply to Offwidth:
Were you in time for the Zumba ?
OP Offwidth 31 May 2012
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Missed it! Midges and zumba in one night sounds like a nightmare!!
OP Offwidth 31 May 2012
In reply to SFM: why pick on me though as I want stealing a classic or a new route? In fact, I suspect I might be the only person to climb that route since the BMC guide was published (twas Coldfinger a VS 4b oft vegetated sandbag).
 pebbles 31 May 2012
In reply to Offwidth: did you hear teeny tiny little voices complaining that you were polishing their favourite route?
OP Offwidth 31 May 2012
In reply to pebbles:

...no I guess being eaten alive on a sweaty day, whilst contemplating a slightly dirty and difficult to reverse 4cish looking move, with gear and ledges to hit beneath my feet and 20m of rope below me to stretch and a midge afflicted belayer, distracted me.
In reply to Offwidth:

Gritstone midges ....

How do they fly?

ALC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...