UKC

NEWS: Coxsey Second in Vail Boulder World Cup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Jun 2012
Shauna Coxsey competing in the Chongqing round of the Bouldering World Cup 2012, 4 kbBritish climber Shauna Coxsey has continued her fantastic run of form in the bouldering world cup competitions with a second place in last weekend's competition in Vail, Colorado, USA.
Shauna commented after the competition on her Facebook page: "Vail World Cup was amazing! Now it's time to get...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67167
 moo cow 05 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC News: Nice work Shauna. Keep up the good work
 Dom Whillans 05 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC News:
very good effort! i clicked on the link that was up the other day and quickly realised i have absolutely no idea how comps work! can anyone point me in the direction of a quick explanation. watching 4 screens simultaneously was also quite bizarre (i'm getting old, aren't i?).
 Matt Vigg 05 Jun 2012
In reply to Dom Whillans:

I've been to a few comps so I think I can help. Basically goes like this - 1st person climbs a problem, quite interesting, 2nd person climbs it, bit less interesting, 3rd person climbs it, bit boring, 4th person, go and get a drink. Come back later, people still climbing. Someone wins.
 Howardw1968 05 Jun 2012
That 4 screens thing was wierd, they were trying to show all the climbers at once but you ended up not seeing any of them properly.

Do they show a replay of the finals anywhere I couldn't stay up that late.
 steve taylor 05 Jun 2012

You can score on each problem by getting to the bonus hold (marked with yellow tape) and the top.

The person who gets the most tops in the least number of attempts is the winner. If more than one tie for first on tops, then you look at how many bonus hold they reached, and then how many attempts to get the bonus.

Dom Whillans 05 Jun 2012
In reply to steve taylor:
> (In reply to Dom Whillans)
>
> You can score on each problem by getting to the bonus hold (marked with yellow tape) and the top.
>
> The person who gets the most tops in the least number of attempts is the winner. If more than one tie for first on tops, then you look at how many bonus hold they reached, and then how many attempts to get the bonus.

got it, nice one... guessing there's an allotted period of time for each problem, too? all i need to do is find a way to filter out the extreme-rad-send-it-dude commentary then
 Howardw1968 05 Jun 2012
> (In reply to steve taylor)
guessing there's an allotted period of time for each problem, too?

5 minutes

all i need to do is find a way to filter out the extreme-rad-send-it-dude commentary then

It's called a mute button

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...