UKC

Old Man of Stoer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CurlyStevo 08 Jun 2012
Does anyone known is there a tyrolene in place for this just now? If not would a dynamic 10 mm rope be OK or would it sag too much in the middle?

Also whats the situation with fulmers on the original route? I guess this is about the worse time of year for that.
OP CurlyStevo 08 Jun 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:
Also regarding the tyrolene are their anchors in place on the Old Man of Stoer so that only one swim accross is necessary without leaving gear behind? (Or perhaps not if someone else has alredy set one up
 vscott 08 Jun 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: no idea on current tyrolean status - if you time it right at low tide (and low swell), you can wade across via boulders further up the channel then walk a rope back to place for the retreat. There's a bunch of pegs and tat in situ on the stack end of the tyrolean that can be backed up as desired with wires.
 JAMES K 11 Jun 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:
aye there is good tat on the old man side.
When i did it with a dynamic rope my partner got a wet arse on the way due to the stretch. I did the swim ,so it didn't bother me.#
 Jon Stewart 11 Jun 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: We left one in place last week. Can't guarantee it's still there...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...