UKC

Mountain bike peak - this weekend.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jessyb 08 Jun 2012
Hi there,

I want to go to the peak, hire a pair of mountain bikes (my own is crap), do some medium-ish, interesting day long trail(s) / routes then stay overnight in my camper (preferably in a camp site as I'll need a shower) nearby.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to hire a decent mountain bike in the peak? Near good places to bike & a decent campsite?

Thanks!!!

OP jessyb 08 Jun 2012
In reply to limey:

Maybe I should swing by an outdoor shop early doors Sat & pick up the 'VG? guide books' people mention on here so I wouldn't need an exact route, just a hire place & rough idea of whereabouts a good route would start.
 David Hooper 08 Jun 2012
In reply to limey: there is a bike shop just behind the Woodbine Cafe in Hope they may well do hire bikes. I have the VG guide for that area and if you are based anywhere in hope valley or Edale. Valley there is loads to go at. A nice fig 8 loop from hope climbs north on gritstone trails with a cracking view of the reservoir and kinder opening up,then you climb winhill flanks where there is a wicked fast descent back to hope. Then you start a southern loop onto limestone country with a very different feel to it with a sheepish descent and nice pub in pretty village to break your ride. Have fun.
 L.A. 08 Jun 2012
In reply to David Hooper:its 18 Bikes in Hope but they only do Demo bikes not hire
http://www.18bikes.co.uk/

OP jessyb 08 Jun 2012
In reply to L.A.:

Thanks guys,

I'll maybe give them a ring. Maybe they'll know where I can hire good bikes and book them so I know I'll get one. I think I'll swing by a shop & pick up that trail guide. I'ver just looked at the preview on amazon & you can see a map with where lots of the trails begin which is a start!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/190614818X/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_g14_i3?...

David Hooper 08 Jun 2012
In reply to limey: the VG guides are very good imho

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...