UKC

great service from ambulance control following accident.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dan bulman 10 Jun 2012
my mate fell off at headend quarry today and hit the deck. his gear pulled out and he knacked his back.
phoned for an ambulance and got great service from them.

thought i'd mention it as i've read a lot of bad publicity over the ambulance control.
we gave them a 6 fig grid reference out of the guidebook but couldn't locate the quarry. the book turned out to have 2 numbers the wrong way round which of course makes all the difference. i luckily had an o/s map in the car to give them the correct number.
a doctor was there within 5 mins, ambulance by 15 mins and even raf kinloss on standby if required.

there was a gp at the crag also. big thanks to him.
my pal has cracked his L3 vertabrae. dont think an op is required.

top tip- always carry a map. (and climb where there is a g.p.)
In reply to dan bulman: having read Blood, Sweat and Tea by Tom Reynolds I think both the ambulance guys/galls and control do such a fantastic job with the limited resources they have. Glad your friend got good service.

I'm still aggrieved though as my first ride in an ambulance my sister was seriously ill. I fell asleep and the ambulance driver thought I was the ill child passing out and did the blues and two's through junctions - I missed the excitement of driving through red lights! Sis was ok btw.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...