UKC

smallest violin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gingerdave13 11 Jun 2012
i know.. after a week in font i shouldn't expect any sympathy

but ouch my fingers are sore!

Circuits at J.A martin, Apremont, Beauvais Nainville, L'elephant and Beauvais Telegraph.
 Reach>Talent 11 Jun 2012
In reply to gingerdave13:
You have my sympathy. Can you be a bit sympathetic to my plight; I'm suffering with the cold and rain after returning from 10 days in the South of France where the average temp was about 30c?
 JimboWizbo 11 Jun 2012
In reply to gingerdave13: I haven't taken a day's holiday since September
OP gingerdave13 11 Jun 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent: that must have been ghastly.. all that heat

and now back to this. (urgh, wettest june forecast/summer not here)
 Timmd 14 Jun 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent:
> (In reply to gingerdave13)
> You have my sympathy. Can you be a bit sympathetic to my plight; I'm suffering with the cold and rain after returning from 10 days in the South of France where the average temp was about 30c?

YOU'RE SUFFERING???

I've been poorly this week after being rained on during Saturday, and being out on Thusday and Friday in the rain. Being outside all day in the damp is great for giving you colds i've found out.

No sympathy, if it'd given you a cold i'd have some sympathy though. ()

My lungs feel weird from coughing. <cough>
 Timmd 14 Jun 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent:

Go on then, have some sympathy.

Box of sympathy [].
 Reach>Talent 14 Jun 2012
In reply to Timmd:
Aww, thanks! Have a slightly larger box of sympathy (this text box).
OP gingerdave13 14 Jun 2012
In reply to Timmd: question is, what were you doing to be out in the rain thursday/friday and then during sat. As this could affect the possible forgivenss and sympathy i give
 Timmd 14 Jun 2012
In reply to gingerdave13:Have been volunteering for a local wildlife environmental type organisation.

Was cutting back holly on Thursday to help with access to paths, and on Friday I was weeding, and dead heading roses, and painstakingly unwinding bindweed from plants before removing it at the roots, in the garden of the organisation, and on Saturday I was helping to take children around some woods to build dens and cook things over a fire, and trying to think of interesting things to teach them about where we were walking through.

Have had enough of the rain and damp.
 Timmd 14 Jun 2012
In reply to gingerdave13:

It's worth doing though, i've gained some usefull qualifications and practical and personal skills, have had quite good feedback from people whose opinions I trust about how I get on with other people.

OP gingerdave13 15 Jun 2012
In reply to Timmd: you therefore have sympathy and forgivness.

also a large box of tissues!

i did a week long (BTCV) volunteer in the jura. woodland clearing (pine not good) dry wall building and general stuff to help them out. Was also the translator for the week and got a really nice letter after the week from one of the enlgish guys for my efforts.

it wasn't in the rain tho.... i think i struggled with sunburn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...