UKC

hows it growing ? updates

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lost1977 14 Jun 2012
past couple of months have been pretty up and down with my fruit,veg and herbs.

Butternut squash seems to be growing very well (first time i have tried growing these).

Strawberries have been very good (had some with my lunch).

Parsley has gone mental (small forest unlike last year).

Mint has died back big time in the last few weeks but having cut it right back there looks to be lots of new healthy growth.

Tomatos are coming along slowley as are peppers and chillies (not expecting great results from these this year)

few salad leaves are producing small but very tasty crops

So how are yours coming along
In reply to lost1977:

My sweat peas are just about to flower.......

........and my grass needs cutting.
 toad 14 Jun 2012
In reply to lost1977: Broad beans in flower, Cougette and squash plants mixed, but some coming away. loads of rasberries set, but not ripe yet. Lettuce up and eating. Garlic (experimentally planted a few cloves) seems ok. Basil disappeared without trace within days of germinating. Sweetcorn looking very iffy.

Chives and other perrenial herbs all ok - thought the sage and bay were gonners after the frost/snow etc.
 gingerdave13 14 Jun 2012
In reply to lost1977: just tomatoes and cucumber this year. All else is too much work/not enough time.
OP lost1977 14 Jun 2012
In reply to toad:

grew basil over the winter indoors really well and as soon as it went outdoors it all went shit
 Ramblin dave 14 Jun 2012
In reply to lost1977:
Lettuce going well. Strawberries producing fruit (yum). Various herbs doing alright - sage and chives are flowering. Squashes, tomatoes and beans are looking okay but it's early days. Garlic doing well. Landcress bolted unexpectedly quickly and peas appear to have died. Chilli plant dies but has been replaced. Globe artichokes haven't died yet.

My gf is the gardener though, I just cook the stuff.
 nniff 14 Jun 2012
In reply to lost1977:

We've got a gentle green fuzz which will hopefully turn into a lawn or, at the very least, grass. We've never really had a lawn before, but we have had grass. There is a difference.
 joan cooper 14 Jun 2012
In reply to lost1977: Late start n Skye due to wet and cold spring soil took ages to warm up. Now warmer carrots leaves3 " , lettuce needing picking Peas were very late starting but 1st plantings now into flower, cabbages coming on well all herbs flourishing,beetroot ok, broad beans lots of flowers 4 sq mtrs strawberries look very promosing if they ripen, lots of green ones,Potatoes in bags have reached the top.Swede and parsnips just showing first leaves. Flower garden looking fantastic.(see Skye house for sale)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...