UKC

Huntsham Rocks ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 EliC 19 Jun 2012
Was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on huntsham rocks the outdoor bouldering spot in the midlands? I was thinking of having a day out or 2 there and wanted to know what to expect really.
Thanks in advance.
 afrosam 19 Jun 2012
In reply to CrimpShrimp:
Ain't been for a while but it is worth a look if its near by, some good problems to go at.
My advice is to wear trousers if you don't want to get your legs shredded and stung a lot.
Check out the bouldering topo on esotericbouldering.com as well as the guidebook it uses font grades.

Sam
 Anoetic 19 Jun 2012
In reply to CrimpShrimp: Hi
Its not too far out from Symonds Yat so its not in the Midlands, but wouldn't take too long to get to. Lots of Midges atm.
 Croakinglizard 20 Jun 2012
In reply to CrimpShrimp: I was up there yesterday 19/06 and its a jungle so be prepared to force your way through the paths. Check out esotericbouldering for some decent topos
 Croakinglizard 20 Jun 2012
In reply to Croakinglizard: or i could have read the posts above where you already have this info!
 peaches69 22 Jun 2012
In reply to CrimpShrimp:
heres the esoteric HTML: http://esotericbouldering.com/wales/huntsham.html

heres the PDF you can print: http://esotericbouldering.com/wales/huntsman.pdf

there is some quality problems at huntsham but there is also sum crumbly stuff. the best spots there (IMHO) are alex's roof on main crag, sliced slug boulder with millions of opotions on sloppey pockets (& Golden bicep sitter) and the bread and pudding boulder (good V3 arete, bowl rim.

ive been down there loads of times and trousers are a must!!!!!
 Stone Muppet 22 Jun 2012
Nice spot as UK bouldering goes, it's worth the hour each way for me every now and again. Wouldn't go in this weather though, I don't imagine it will be dry.

To the above advice I'll add that the satellite boulder is fantastic for a warmup, and the one downhill from it has a couple of good highball slab problems. I'm still working "under stars is best" on the main crag left of sliced slug which I think is harder than font 6b!

I did spend my first trip mostly pushing through brambles - allow some time to find the boulders first time (i.e. more than an hour after work!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...