UKC

I need some TV serise to watch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 24 Jun 2012
Just finished the last jaw dropping episode of Breaking Bad serise 4 and was gripped right to the end.

But now I've got an empty void to fill, so I'm open to suggestions of what to watch next. Any ideas?

So far I've seen:
Broad-walk
Deadwood
Dexter
Game of thrones
House
Lie to me
Big Bang
The Wire - Season one to date
True Blood
Weeds
 Mr Lopez 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

The walking dead
Scrubs (This will last you months...)
malaz90 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
Suits,
Hawaii Five-0,
Franklin and Bash,
Modern Family,
Person Of Interest,
Breakout Kings,
Fairly Legal

Just to name a few
malaz90 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: Also agrees with Mr Lopez with the Walking Dead.
Classss show!
 eschaton 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: keep watching the wire, each series is better than the last

have you seen any of the thick of it? political drama with the incredibly sweary and terrifying malcolm tucker (meant to resemble alastair campbell) as the party's spin doctor.

did you catch any of homeland when it was on earler in the year? if not then you should check out some of that, damien lewis as a recently released prisoner of war who the cia believe might have been turned by al-qaeda during captivity.
 eschaton 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: do not under any circumstances start watching twin peaks
 TiredJazmyn 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Hey for me personally I'd try the following:

Numb3rs
NCIS
The Big C
Scrubs (even though it has already been said)

That small list is in no particular order, they are all good.
 Blue Straggler 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

GBH and Traffik, both Channel 4 offerings (Traffik was a multinational production) from the late 80s-early 90s.

Traffik is really overlooked when people speak of classics.

Also the "House of Cards" trilogy (three four-part series), the third series got bad reviews at the time but is actually very good.
 Blue Straggler 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

You might enjoy Burn Notice. I am not sure what my position on it is.
 kevin stephens 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
Tour de France; every day from next Saturday
 TiredJazmyn 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

I forgot to add the best of all: Sharpe. It is a must
 brokenbanjo 24 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Alan Partridge
Black Books
Garth Merenghi's Darkplace
The IT Crowd
Father Ted

Tom Valentine 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

"The Good Wife."

It's a Ridley Scott production so quality is more or less assured.

A legal drama and very fast paced so you need to pay attention.

Your main problem will probably be deciding who you would rather get topside of: Alicia or her spunky Asian sidekick.
 David Hooper 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Firstly watch the other 4 seasons of the wire

Then by the same writers

Generation Kill
Treme

As others have said
Walking Dead

Then HBOs
Luck

Spartacus - the first couple of episodes are like Hollywood cheese,but when it hits its stride,it's brilliant.

The Shield - 7brilliant seasons,not a flat spot.its another police series but totally different to the Wire.

Lastly
Awake - yet another police series starring Jason Isaacs,but with a very weird psychological twist that I won't spoil.

Please let me know what you ended up watching and enjoyed.

P.S. Season 5 of trublood has just started airing in the states.If you use certain websites episode 3 will be up online tomorrow.
 verygneiss 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

You need some Scandi-Noir in your life. I'd recommend Bron/Broen (The Bridge) and Forbrydelsen (The Killing) for starters.
 Blue Straggler 25 Jun 2012
In reply to verygneiss:

The Lemming can not watch subtitled fare unfortunately (I assume this is dyslexia-related)
 Sharp 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: I can second the thick of it, watched it ages ago but recently watched all three series (they're only short) and found them hilarious.

If you've not watched 24 then give that a shot, the first one is great and then each season gets a little bit more ridiculous.

Ben
 TobyA 25 Jun 2012
In reply to Tom Valentine:

> Your main problem will probably be deciding who you would rather get topside of: Alicia or her spunky Asian sidekick.

The lovely Ms Panjabi is from London which makes her less exotic, but still rather attractive. It's the boots that work for me. Actually, I find the Good Wife rather dull and mainstream, it's not terrible but if I miss it it doesn't bother me. In the same sort of field Damages with Glenn Close was better.

Lemming - you watched Sons of Anarchy and the Shield? If not, I would look into them. On a light note I recently watched every episode of 30 Rock which is all good fun.

mullermn 25 Jun 2012
In reply to David Hooper:

I also vote for The Shield. Possibly the best TV series I've ever watched, a 7 season long plot arc with characters that develop the whole way through and as David says it literally does not have a bad episode.
In reply to Tom Valentine:
> (In reply to The Lemming)
>
>
>
> It's a Ridley Scott production so quality is more or less assured.

These days "less assured" He has producer credits on all sorts of guff.
And director credits, though that is a different story altogether.

I saw a bit of The Good Wife with Alan Cumming being very reptilian, it was good though predictable.

joeydurkin 25 Jun 2012
In reply to David Hooper: Generation Kill is excellent.
OP The Lemming 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Good people of UKC, you've come up trumps again.

BTW

What sites do you get your series from?

or should I just stick to ISO Hunt?

Cheers
 Fredt 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

> I need some TV serise to watch?

I would recommend for you, "On The Move", starring Bob Hoskins
 alanw 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: No one's mentioned The Sopranos yet which was quite good. But if you want some proper politics and family intrigue then try I, Claudius. His family makes the Sopranos look like the little house on the prairie. It goes against the current HBO trend of high production values and luscious sets but the writing and acting are pure class.

Oh, and it may be sacrilegious to say, but I didn't think that every season of The Wire improved on the last - not by a long shot.
 Milesy 25 Jun 2012
The Shield. Best series I ever watched.
Battlestar Gallactica (remake)

I have just started watching Braquo. It is claimed as a french version of The Shield. It is really good. Subtitled.
Wonko The Sane 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: Rome, series 1 and 2 are bloody brilliant. Well I liked them.

13!!!

Also, if you like silly comedy stuff I really quite liked Chuck series 1 & 2. didn't like 3 & 4 so much.
paulcarey 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

The follwoing seasons of the wire; some of the best TV ever!
 JohnnyBoy59 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: try The Shield, superb. Like The Wire, but much better
 graeme jackson 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Once upon a time
and
primevil
 Milesy 25 Jun 2012
In reply to graeme jackson:

Both quite possible two of the worst programs ever.
 Bulls Crack 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Red Dwarf

Sorry couldn't resist follwing your post title!
In reply to Bulls Crack:

I may just do that.
 Alan Taylor 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: For me the West Wing is still hard to beat
In reply to TobyA:
You've stumped me now. What would be the correct way of describing Kalinda's appearance and ethnicity?
 Alex Slipchuk 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
> Just finished the last jaw dropping episode of Breaking Bad serise 4 and was gripped right to the end.
>
> But now I've got an empty void to fill, so I'm open to suggestions of what to watch next.

Why not watch yourself turning into a cholesterol ridden fat couch potatoe.

Sounds like you have a void to fill right between your ears.

I can't believe someone on a climbing forum is looking for suggestions on tv programmes to kill time. Time is the one thing you shouldn't have to spare.

Ps, i don't mean to offend, but it sounds like you need a wake up call, it's the summer after all. Get outdoors, if you have kids, take them out (you may actually be saving their lives), if you don't, no excuse!

fire_munki 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
Depends if you don't mind watching on a PC.

Ultra violet is on channel 4's website, good vampire show. In fact I might watch it again!
Neverwhere is a good version of the Neil Gaimon book.
Generation Kill is mega.
Firefly, nuff said!
 John_Hat 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Firefly
Spaced

are brilliant!

..and if you fancy four hundred episodes of misery, Battlestar Galactica..
In reply to The Lemming: on a cursory reading it appears no one has mentioned the best series this year - Homeland!

In reply to The Big Man:

Do you often go climbing in the small hours then, when physically and mentally drained after a long work shift?
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

It was mentioned
 Lew13 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Franklin & Bash
Californication
Prison Break
 graeme jackson 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man:
> Ps, i don't mean to offend, but it sounds like you need a wake up call, it's the summer after all. Get outdoors, if you have kids, take them out (you may actually be saving their lives), if you don't, no excuse!

This coming from somene sitting indoors posting on an internet forum. Oh the irony.

p.s. anyone starting a sentence with 'i don't mean to offend' invariably does.
In reply to The Big Man:

> Ps, i don't mean to offend, but

And in the same light, and I don't wish to offend but....

COCK!
In reply to Blue Straggler:
> (In reply to The Big Man)
>
> Do you often go climbing in the small hours then, when physically and mentally drained after a long work shift?

All the time. The baby's due in November. I think you're missing my point. I don't know any climbers who go looking for tv programmes to watch. It's not the same as just flicking through some channels to pass time. The Lemming is actively seeking tv dross to watch. Perhaps reading?
In reply to graeme jackson:
> [...]
>
> This coming from somene sitting indoors posting on an internet forum. Oh the irony.
>
> p.s. anyone starting a sentence with 'i don't mean to offend' invariably does.
Bad assumption. I'm outdoors in the sunshine working. Taking one of many breaks.
In reply to The Lemming:
>
> [...]
>
> And in the same light, and I don't wish to offend but....
>
>
> COCK!

Blow it out yer arse and get a life. 'cause you do mean to offend.

In reply to The Lemming:
>
> [...]
>
> And in the same light, and I don't wish to offend but....
>
>
> COCK!

I've seen your pics, perhaps some exercise to trim down would help

TobyA 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man:
> The Lemming is actively seeking tv dross to watch.

Don't be an arse - he's looking for good TV that he will enjoy. Your superiority complex seems to be blocking you from seeing that.
In reply to TobyA:
> [...]
>
> Don't be an arse - he's looking for good TV that he will enjoy. Your superiority complex seems to be blocking you from seeing that.

This is ukc on a monday, bit of banter and a bit of home truth, actively seeking good tv is a double dunt oxymoron. It's a major reason why we are a nation of fat arsed lazy slobs.
 TobyA 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man:
> actively seeking good tv is a double dunt oxymoron.

Mate, why don't you choose how you spend your free time, and let others do the same without judging them.

You never know, there might even be something listed there that you might enjoy.
 Sir Chasm 25 Jun 2012
In reply to TobyA: Leave him alone, it's always fun to see someone employ the Edinburgh defence.
In reply to Sir Chasm:
> (In reply to TobyA) Leave him alone, it's always fun to see someone employ the Edinburgh defence.

That would be funny if i hadn't previously stated the banter approach. But i am serious about getting out in the summer. Searching for tv programmes to watch when there's so much more that you could be doing with your life. If you're that tired then get some zz.
 Sir Chasm 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man: That's why I said it's fun watching you use it. Perhaps put some of your spare time towards better comprehension.
In reply to TobyA:
> [...]
>
> Mate, why don't you choose how you spend your free time, and let others do the same without judging them.
>
> You never know, there might even be something listed there that you might enjoy.

I find most tv programmes are designed to be addictive, i wouldn't actively seek new ones to watch, my comment was just an observation on lifestyle, it's a public forum, rough with the smooth. The Lemming clearly knows what i'm talking about, hence his reply of 'cock' he's in denial, poor soul. Even his alias is suicidal. Poor bugger. You'll not be wanting to watch crappy tv when your on your deathbed. Why seek it out now, just an observation.
In reply to Sir Chasm: but it's not the edinburgh defense, i am serious, get a life and stop actively seeking crap to watch on tv! Where's the i'm only kidding tactic there?
 TobyA 25 Jun 2012
In reply to Sir Chasm:
> it's always fun to see someone employ the Edinburgh defence.

Had to look that one up!

I'm a vaguely jealous of those such as Big Man who have the self belief to tell others how to live their lives, regardless of how well grounded that advice is. A future in politics awaits the right honourable Big Man.

Talking of which, Lemming, "Veep" the new HBO show but written by Glasgow's own Armando Iannucci is quite good fun. Very much an American version of The Thick of It.
 TobyA 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man:

> I find most tv programmes are designed to be addictive,

OK - well that's a very fair observation, for you. I don't. Which is why I only choose to watch certain TV shows that I know I'll enjoy and hopefully gain something from.
Bobz 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man: there are some great shows to watch- have a try before you condemn anyone who watches something to a life on a sofa -it may open your mind and make you less of a tit
Bobz 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: Breaking Bad is genius - we have almost finished the 4th series - I cant watch Malcolm in the Middle anymore without thinking of meth!!
In reply to TobyA: couldn't do politics to honest and straight to the point. "Television drug of the nation"

i stand by my point, the typical ukc lynching awaits.
In reply to Bobz:
> (In reply to The Big Man) there are some great shows to watch- have a try before you condemn anyone who watches something to a life on a sofa -it may open your mind and make you less of a tit

i know there are some entertaining tv programmes, and when i run out of other real time pastimes, and perhaps the use of my legs then i'll then actively seek them out.

My crisism was more the looking to fill a void comment from lardo lemming ,(i only use that term because he called me a cock) the opportunity to relate the void to the one between his ears was to good to pass, with of course the implication of tv making you brain dead!
 David Hooper 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man: you really are a horrible judgemental piece of work aren't you.

1)TV is just another medium,same as book,film or Internet sites.There is nothing intrinsically shallow or moronic about watching TV - it is what you watch that counts. Obviously there is loads of lightweight dross out there,but watching a TV series such as The Wire is genuinely akin to reading one of the great books by Dickens - its that good,that we'll written and incredibly socially relevant,a howl of frustrated anger at a failing society.

2)you don't have to spend all your down time climbing.climb as much or as little as you want and don't judge others. Sometimes it's nice to curl up on a sofa with a few nibbles,a glass of something and just switch off for a while.

3)I'm a climber,I had my own business as a mountain instructor and expedition guide. A couple of years ago I became seriously ill and suffer various effects and constant low level pain. During the day I keep myself busy,but in the evening my body gets more uncomfortable and it is a real release and a blessing to lose myself in some absorbing TV until it's time for the sleeping pills.I've watched so many series over the last couple of years,that is how I can give the Lemming so many recommendations. Do you think I should be doing something more worthwhile with my evening downtime?
It is embarrassing watching a dullard trying to make himself look clever.
In reply to David Hooper:apparently so.
 David Hooper 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man:
> (In reply to TobyA)

You'll not be wanting to watch crappy tv when your on your deathbed. Why seek it out now, just an observation.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WILL END UP DOING AS THIS DISEASE PROGRESSES YOU STUPID ARROGANT TIT.

Except I won't be watching crap,there is a whole world of top quality US& Scandinavian TV drama out there.

Now get over yourself and be a bit more tolerant of other folks choices.
 David Peters 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man: >The baby's due in November

I hope 'it' doesn't grow up to be as arrogant and judgemental as 'its' father.
 David Hooper 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man:
> (In reply to David Hooper)apparently so.

Huh,don't understand?
 jockster 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
Spiral is a very good french crime drama (subtitled) - currently on BBC4
> [...]
>
>
> You'll not be wanting to watch crappy tv when your on your deathbed. Why seek it out now, just an observation.
>
> THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WILL END UP DOING AS THIS DISEASE PROGRESSES YOU STUPID ARROGANT TIT.
>
> Except I won't be watching crap,there is a whole world of top quality US& Scandinavian TV drama out there.
>
> Now get over yourself and be a bit more tolerant of other folks choices.

Listen ya knob, we're all progressively terminal, but you're playing the poor me card. The op was actively looking to fill a void with serial tv, i'm allowed to comment. And so are you. But you feel the need to play the i'm no well sympathy card, plenty of people are in your situation and get on with making the best of it, they don't use their ailment to make others feel guilty, shame on you.
> [...]
>
>
> Huh,don't understand?

Clearly!
 tspoon1981 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: Battlestar Galactica, Once upon a time (its quite good in my opinion), Walking Dead (I know its been said already), Spartacus, Episodes, Dr Who, Death Note, House (has it been mentioned yet?)

Oh and its not a series, but the Japanese trilogy 20th Century Boys, its incredible.

gd303uk 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:here are a few shows i enjoyed;
breaking bad; Malcolm in the middles dad , Bryan Cranston is all i should need to say.
Oz; Prison madness and for all its brutality a bit arty
Peep show; what goes on in other people heads very funny
trailer park boys; just to see bubbles rap
Reno 911; unusual for usa comedy, funnier than the film

ps, i thought Dexter was/is brilliant
 David Hooper 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man: not aiming to make you feel guilty and I'm certainly not a "poor me" .I'm in a very happy place at the moment,relatively active,surrounded by love and friends and with enough money to live a comfortable and fulfilling life and buy the odd expensive toy. I'm active,climbing,entering sportives to raise money for Marie Curie,doing voluntary work for an outdoor charity working with at risk kids.

Poor me? I don't think so,my life is incredibly blessed.

I was just trying to point out that your viewpoint,although it may suit you is wrong to impose and judge on others whose circumstances you have no knowledge of. The Lemming works long shifts for the NHS and probably needs that TV unwinding time.

Anyway,it seems most of the posters above have similar views about you,so I'm gonna step away from the keyboard and go ride my bike in the sunshine.

Jog on you mug.........
In reply to David Peters:
> (In reply to The Big Man) >The baby's due in November
>
> I hope 'it' doesn't grow up to be as arrogant and judgemental as 'its' father.

'it'? 'its'? Really scraping the barrel now. Poor show,
 tspoon1981 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: I've heard good things about Louie CK, I haven't seen it though. Portlandia, Arrested Development, X-files (it has aged quite badly, but still worth watching), Sons of Anarchy,
In reply to David Hooper: good, i'm glad to see that you weren't playing up on your ailment for sympathy, although i think you're backtracking, enjoy yer bike, mr always with the insults.
 David Peters 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man: Oh, I'm sorry, as you are no doubt aware "I dont mean to offend" !

Keep diggin' ....
 tspoon1981 25 Jun 2012
In reply to Everyone arguing: Can you lot stop flirting, and maybe recommend a tv series or two? If you don't like tv, then why are you on a thread about tv?
Wonko The Sane 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: Forget TV. None of my stuff is as entertaining as watching the drama unfold on UKC.

Better than a sackfull of lovies on amphetamines!
In reply to Wonko The Sane: see, real life social interaction is better than tv anyday.
In reply to tspoon1981: i didn't say i didn't. I just don't think you should actively seek new programmes to watch, didn't you read my reply, doh!
In reply to David Peters:
> (In reply to The Big Man) Oh, I'm sorry, as you are no doubt aware "I dont mean to offend" !
>
> Keep diggin' ....

I'm so touched that you took the time to read my posts, good lad, see, i've saved you from tv, you should thank me.
In reply to The Big Man:

I feel left out. Can you come onto this thread and have a go at me please?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=510777

David Hooper 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man: see the premier post I have just put up for a piccy of my new roadbiking.

She is a very sexy Italian lady
>
> I feel left out. Can you come onto this thread and have a go at me please?
>
> http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=510777

Get your own 'Jock with a chip on his shoulder' Stalker.
>
> I feel left out. Can you come onto this thread and have a go at me please?
>
> http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=510777

But you're not actively looking to fill a void with tv.
In reply to The Lemming:
> (In reply to Blue Straggler)
> [...]
>
>
> Get your own 'Jock with a chip on his shoulder' Stalker.

What are you doing back here, commercial break?
> (In reply to The Big Man) see the premier post I have just put up for a piccy of my new roadbiking.
>
> She is a very sexy Italian lady

nice, I'm still riding the same steel frame i was racing over 20 years ago. Make sure you service her well
In reply to jockster:

I'm hooked.

SPOILER.....

.............Aziz deserved that bullet for his music.
 TobyA 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man:
> couldn't do politics to honest and straight to the point.

The "I'm too honest for politics" shtick is classic populist politics! So it looks like a career in UKIP would be the one to go for. Again, you moral certainty will come in very handy.
In reply to TobyA: when it comes to politics. The nature of the job attracts a certain type. Not interested. I still think actively looking for tv to fill a void quite funny.
 deepsoup 25 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man:
Ironic user name you have there. Of the two of you, David is the bigger man by far.
 David Peters 26 Jun 2012
In reply to The Big Man: Just curious 'big Man', (ha! I love that name) would you consider someone requesting recommendations for the cinema or theatre as someone "just looking to fill a void", or come to think of it, how about someone looking for information about Art Galleries or Museums, more saddo's just wasting time ?

As I said keep diggin' I'm sure Godwins Law will be applied soon.
 alanw 26 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: "The Nazis - a warning from history" is very good
 Alex Slipchuk 26 Jun 2012
In reply to David Peters: they seem Completely different to me. My original comment was related to actively seeking programmes to watch to pass time and fill a void. That't all. What this has to do with Nazis i fail to see. Anyhow i can't keep making the same point to the same users, if they don't get it, then fair enough. I'll save my staring at a box for my retirement home/farm. Although judging by comments most of you hope I'll not get that far. Enjoy, if that's what makes you happy.
 mattrm 26 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

The Mentalist

I think some of the others have been mentioned, but here we go:

Scrubs
Cougar Town (if you like scrubs, it's worth a watch)

If you like sci-fi at all, I can strongly recommend Babylon 5, it's really very good. Great story, plot and actors. In fact, if you can watch Game of Thrones, then Bablyon 5 will be fine. It's excellent.
 Thelongcon 26 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Please, I don't ask for much, but please please please watch Archer. That show made me laugh so much. It's an animated comedy about a spy company and their field agent Stirling Archer. It's honestly one of my favouritest shows ever!
Also, It's always sunny in Philadelphia.

Both of these shows have terrible humor, very off topic but I think they are fantastic.

Daithi O Murchu 26 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
> Just finished the last jaw dropping episode of Breaking Bad serise 4 and was gripped right to the end.
>
> But now I've got an empty void to fill, so I'm open to suggestions of what to watch next. Any ideas?
>
> So far I've seen:
> Broad-walk
> Deadwood
> Dexter
> Game of thrones
> House
> Lie to me
> Big Bang
> The Wire - Season one to date
> True Blood
> Weeds

Treat yourself to Breaking Bad, all available on t'internet if you "HUNT" for it
Removed User 26 Jun 2012
In reply to Daithi O Murchu:
> [...]
>
> Treat yourself to Breaking Bad, all available on t'internet if you "HUNT" for it<

its all available on netflix.
OP The Lemming 26 Jun 2012
In reply to Daithi O Murchu:
> [...]
>
> Treat yourself to Breaking Bad, all available on t'internet if you "HUNT" for it

I refer the honourable gentleman to the opening statement of my OP.

And if you are still a naughty boy then I will set The Big Man on you.
Daithi O Murchu 26 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

oops
sorry im thick as shit

asside from that yes its a great series, i understand the 5th is curently running in the states.

btw i found myself hating Walters Wife ( christ what a moan bag)
 Ee 26 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: Oceans
 ClimberEd 26 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Firefly.

Awesome!
 razzorbuzz 26 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: FireFly...you can't beat it and its still one of the best and most amusing TV series i've seen in a long time
 Nigel Thomson 26 Jun 2012
In reply to The Lemming: PLEASE NOTE. The Big Man has consistently been making an arse of himself recently through these forums and there's a rumour floating about that I know him.
I wish to make myself clear: I DO NOT KNOW HIM, and any views expressed by him are not mine.
FFS Big Man, calm down before you need to change your profile name for the third time!!!!
 collywob 12 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

How about some British stuff guys?

Edge of Darkness (genius eighties nuclear thriller)
This Is England (continuing story of characters from Shane Meadows film)
Tinker Tailor (and the excellent Smiley's people - better than film remake)
The Fades (if you like sci fi / fantasy)
GBH (someone mentioned it above, but anyway - great funny thrilling thing)
Queer as Folk (lots of the homophobic meatheads might get put off but hilarious and brilliant drama)
Misfits (Series 1&2 anyway)
State of Play (not the American movie remake - the British tv original)
Red Riding (top tv of the last decade - three great movies made for telly by ch4)
 ollieollie 13 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming: sharpe, band of brothers or even the classic bergerac! ha
 tintinandpip 13 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming: The BBC 2 adaptation of Iain Bank's "The Crow Road" Four one hour episodes.
 Blue Straggler 13 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

I just found that you can get all four series of "You Rang, M'Lord" for £19
 David Hooper 13 Jul 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler: just got a box set of 3 lance Armstrong/ tdf Dvds for 4.99 - bargain.

The only new thing on TV I can find is the current ecries of True Blood - I'm out of ideas apart from that..
 MHutch 13 Jul 2012

I don't know if this has been already mentioned amid the bunfighting, but, I'd recommend:

Life on Mars
State of Play
and to break up the John Simm monopoly:
Band of Brothers

MHutch 13 Jul 2012
In reply to MHutch:

First series of Heroes is also worth a look, although it loses its way badly after that.
Wonko The Sane 13 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming: If you've any interest in the space race....... From the Earth to the Moon is the canine testicles.
 Morgan Woods 13 Jul 2012
In reply to higherclimbingwales:
> (In reply to The Lemming) on a cursory reading it appears no one has mentioned the best series this year - Homeland!

second that!

(ok maybe best after Game of Thrones) :p
 badwabbit 13 Jul 2012
> From the Earth to the Moon is the canine testicles.

+1

alpchild004 25 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming: Alan Partridge: Mid-Morning Matters on Sky atlantic
so funny
 graeme jackson 25 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
American Hotrod. Quest every night at 6pm.
 Kieran_John 25 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Grim, Supernatural and Almighty Johnsons seem to fit in nicely with what you've seen up to now:

Almighty Johnsons - "The show follows a student named Axl Johnson, who on his 21st birthday discovers his family members are reincarnated Norse gods. The problem is, they don't have full control of their powers and it is up to Axl (the reincarnation of Odin) to restore them and ensure the family's survival by finding the reincarnation of Odin's wife, Frigg. "

Very funny, doesn't take itself seriously and not afraid to chuck around the foul language and nudity.

Grimm - "Homicide Detective Nick Burkhardt of the Portland Police Bureau learns he is descended from a line of "guardians" known as "Grimms". Throughout the episodes, he must battle against an assortment of dangerous creatures, with help from his friend Monroe (who is a reformed creature), and his partner Detective Hank Griffin."

Not highbrow tv but it's fun. Each episode is usually loosely based around a grimm fairy tale or creature from the tale, then there's an over-arching plot which ties it all in together.

Supernatural - "Starring Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester and Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester, the series follows the brothers as they hunt demons, ghosts, monsters and other figures of the supernatural."

Similar in style to Grimm, but it's been running a lot longer. I've lost interest in the later seasons but the first few are great.

Community - Fantastic comedy but takes a few episodes to really get going, one of the smartest comedies I've seen in a while. I guess you could say it's a bit like Big Bang Theory, except good.
 David Hooper 26 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming: new seasons of breaking bad,weeds and true blood available on the usual outlets
 Dominion 26 Jul 2012
In reply to brokenbanjo:

> The IT Crowd

Just watched the first series (6 episodes) of that, 3 episodes on Tuesday, and 3 last night...

"Computer Support, have you switched it off and on again? Is it plugged in? Bye."
 Iwan 26 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Walking Dead, series I & II
Alcatraz
 fizz 26 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Green Wing: surreal comedy if that's your bag too, it's an oldie but goodie (for me anyway) and free on 4oD as are the above mentioned Black Books and I think Spaced as well which are all really funny and great

Another vote for Episodes and also 2012 is pure genius, doubt it's a box set yet though but you can view the latest one on iPlayer .. the G4S press coverage sounded like it came straight out of this spoof
 waterbaby 26 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Sorry can't be arsed to read the 133 replies and besides I think the first poster said The Walking Dead. There is also a series on Snowdonia starting tomorrow at 9pm, on BBC 2.

TV rots the brain, read a book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...