UKC

recommend me an ipod dock....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 27 Jun 2012
That fits a variety of different iPods, charges the ipod, has good sound quality and is less than £100.

I want mains operated but also can hold batteries.

Can either be an all in one with speakers or have detachable speakers.

Cheers,

AT
 krikoman 27 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: Victoria Dock, Liverpool. My second favourite dock apart from Grey's Dry dock Hartlepool
OP AdCo82 27 Jun 2012
In reply to krikoman: the scousers may have a track record of being able to create good quality music and songs but this time it won't help me I'm afraid
 toad 27 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: my starting position for good quality budget hifi is always a visit to Richer Sounds
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 27 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

I have had one of these for about a year:

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/audio-system/ds1110_05/prd/

very impressed, easy to use, good connection, neat radio tuner software, good sound. But no battery option.

Avoid Gear 4 - its crap!

Chris
Daithi O Murchu 27 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

dock it in the bin and free yourself of a pile o shit that was sold to you, did you REALY NEED it.

OP AdCo82 27 Jun 2012
In reply to Daithi O Murchu: what???
 dasc 27 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: The Logitech S715 i (£100) was a 5 star best iPod dock up to £150 ,2011 ,in What hi-fi mag.
In reply to An Triubhas:

Im suggesting that you ask yourself if you ever realy needed that thing or did you just allow it to be sold to you?

OP AdCo82 27 Jun 2012
In reply to Daithi O Murchu: and why would that be the case???
 JLS 27 Jun 2012
In reply to Daithi O Murchu:

I hear where you are coming from but really! I mean I-tunes have so much more choice that I can muster on the old didgeridoo.
In reply to JLS:

yeah but those digerdoos are pretty hipnotic

krikoman 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Daithi O Murchu: I quite like the didgeridont
 David Hooper 28 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: the zeppelin is absolutely amazing sound quality but unfortunately is £500.
 Little Brew 28 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: I have both an iHome and a Gear 4 dock for my house, one is in the kitchen, the ihome, it has fm and am radio and plays and charges my ipod selection fine (nano 1-5 and itouch/iphones)

the gear 4 lives next to my bed as my alarm clock, the radio is a bit clunky, but i leave it set to R2 and that is what it plays in the morning, better as an alarm clock than a dedicated playing dock, still works with all the ipods in the house so all good there.

go in to a store with your main ipod and see what looks nice and works with your system and is easy to use! hate complicated systems!!!
 Fredt 28 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Are you all aware that Apple will make all current docking systems obsolete when they unveil the iPhone 5, which will have a different connector?
Removed User 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Fredt:

Yes, but Apple don't miss a trick. They will market an adaptor, which you 'will' buy. Therefore contributing more money to Apple.
 JLS 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Fredt:

>"Are you all aware that Apple will make all current docking systems obsolete when they unveil the iPhone 5, which will have a different connector?"

Docking? Docking is so old hat. Everyone is connecting wirelessly these days with Airplay...

http://store.apple.com/us_smb_78313/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/apple_tv

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...