UKC

dry yorkshire sport today?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 efrance24234 28 Jun 2012
As above really... thanks!
 Eagle River 28 Jun 2012
In reply to efrance24234:

The main venues are properly soaked (Malham, Kilnsey), you might get lucky at Trollers gill or Giggleswick South? Moughton and Panorama crag are quite exposed so could dry out if there's any wind.
 Kieran_John 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Eagle River:

I was debating Troller's Gill today but the weather is due to get grim in a few hours around here, so it's probably going to be a pass.
 Eagle River 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Kieran_John:

Yep, rubbish weather for climbing this week in Yorks. We sneaked an evening at Malham on Monday before it crapped out.

I was just thinking of places that seep less as the amount of rain we've had this month has been ludicrous, the same amount recorded at the Malham weather station in December!

OP efrance24234 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Eagle River: cheers.. isnt there anything dry at malham? Not even the usual perma dry routes?
Wiley Coyote2 28 Jun 2012

Just had a cloudburst near Skipton
 Eagle River 28 Jun 2012

According to the facebook conditions/partners group even consenting adults had wet bits on it.

You might get a look at personal services?! If the wind hasn't picked up there will be plenty of midges for you to feed too (it got pretty bad by the end of Monday evening).

Check the ukbouldering conditions threads for Malham/Kilnsey for more misery/information:

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,5594.575.html
http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,5394.875.html
In reply to efrance24234: we took the risk and went to malham.. plenty stuff dry to keep us busy for 5 hours, until i couldnt pull on anything.
In reply to efrance24234: thanks for all the info!
 tom290483 28 Jun 2012

I know it ain't Yorkshire but if your after some dry sport we were at raven tor yesterday. The usual routes were dry from tin of over to obscene gesture and the toilet.

Everything left of tin of was unbelievably wet and all the bouldering from little extra to saline drip was the same. Total minge fest, I reckon it will take a few weeks of dry weather to sort out.
 Eagle River 29 Jun 2012

Glad you got some climbing in, sorry for being so negative!

Which bits of Malham were dry?
OP efrance24234 29 Jun 2012
In reply to Eagle River: routes around free n even easier and the 6a+ to the right and we did frankenstien too. Rose was doable but tufas were wet at top. There were teams on the upper tier too!
 Eagle River 29 Jun 2012

Cool, Might be a possibility for the weekend if we get some wind/sun.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...