UKC

WINNER: Win a MSR Reactor Stove and Therm-a-Rest Mattress

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 28 Jun 2012
Therma_a_rest and msr, 3 kb

The winner was Jonathan Fuller. In September Jonathan is off to attempt Himlung Himal (7126m), which is near the Nepal-Tibet border in the central region of Nepal. It has been climbed before, but never by a British team.

Jonathan wins a a MSR Reactor Stove System, a Reactor 2.5L pot, a MSR Universal Canister Stand, and a Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite mattress which he will be taking with him to Nepal, then reporting back to us on how the gear performed.

Thank you to everyone who entered.

In this competition the prizes are a MSR Reactor Stove System, a Reactor 2.5L pot, a MSR Universal Canister Stand, and a Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite mattress (total value: £337.98).

The winner will get both the MSR stove and the Therm-a-Rest but must provide UKC/UKH with an informed review of both products by 20th October.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4737

EZ 29 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC Articles:

What's the score if you've never owned or used any comparable equipment. I'd happily review it by all of the other criteria mentioned but I wouldn't lie about it in comparison. Can I still enter?

Regards

EZ
 AdCo82 29 Jun 2012
In reply to UKC Articles:

Awesome, great kit!!!
 Michael Ryan 02 Jul 2012
In reply to EZ:

I'd hope by the nature of the comp, more a technical competition than just a giveaway, that those who enter would feel that they are qualified to review this equipment. Hence that they would have some experience using this kind of kit, a lightweight mattress and a high powered stove, in a mountain setting. Hence the third question and the criteria for the review we are expecting off the winner.

M
 EZ 02 Jul 2012
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKC and UKH:

That's fair enough. I am just part way through purchasing similar items to make a full kit list, so maybe next time I'll be in a position to join the hopefuls.

Good luck to those who enter.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...