UKC

FS: FS: 60m Mammut Genesis 8.5, yellow and green

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
shoo 04 Jul 2012
premier post photo
Price: £130
Moving back to the States in a month, selling them as they are a bit of a pain to ship / get in luggage.

Really nice pair of ropes, 3ish years old. Used almost exclusively for multi-pitch trad and ice, and as a result, have very little actual wear and tear.

See here for details. PM me for pictures.
http://www.mammut.ch/en/productDetail/201001310_v_4130_60_85_0/8.5+Genesis....

If interested, I can take a photo of the ropes themselves and send on.

If you are unfamiliar with double/half rope techniques, I'd be happy to throw in a brief primer on how to use them vs. singles.

Price negotiable, but looking for something in the 130 range for the pair. Strongly prefer selling in person to someone in the London area, but can ship. Buyer pays for shipping.
 bpmclimb 06 Jul 2012
In reply to shoo:
>
>
> Really nice pair of ropes, 3ish years old. Used almost exclusively for multi-pitch trad and ice, and as a result, have very little actual wear and tear.

I don't quite understand this. You seem to be implying that multi-pitch and ice climbing wears ropes more slowly than single pitch. Do you mean that the ropes have had light use because you hardly ever climb multi-pitch and ice, and have always used a different pair of ropes for single-pitch, for some reason?
In reply to bpmclimb:

Much less falling on multipitch trad and ice and yes, providing you don't stand on your ropes with your crampons, the smooth surface of ice is quite easy on your ropes.

S
 Daymo 20 Jul 2012
Shoo, ignore bpmclimb. Bit of D$£@ me thinks. Would you be interested in just selling the red one for say £50? Would need to see more photos first. Cheers
 bpmclimb 20 Jul 2012
In reply to Daymo:

No need to be rude. I was asking a genuine question.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...