UKC

This evening swimming at the Roaches!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gingerwolf 05 Jul 2012
Hope everyone got off the crag ok!

It was glorious weather one minute, the next, me and my parner were drenched in 30 seconds flat!

We then had to ab for his gear and walk out from the Skyline, like a complete pair of muppets!!

Drenched, and completely unprepared for it!

Great adventure though! Though would've been quicker to swim down! Haha!
 EZ 05 Jul 2012
In reply to gingerwolf:

I presume it was Double Knee Bar? He was asking me but I turned him down in favour of overtime.

Did you stop for raven rock gully on the way down?
 WJV0912 05 Jul 2012
In reply to gingerwolf:

Didn't even bother. Had been working up there all day, knew it would rain eventually!
OP gingerwolf 05 Jul 2012
In reply to Saul Gilsenan: Yea, we managed to bag 4 routes in though (well, 3 for me, Double Knee Bar was selfish! :P )

Good laugh, glad I got out - and no, we were well too wet for Raven Rock, lol!
 WJV0912 05 Jul 2012
In reply to gingerwolf:

Manage anything good? Surprised anything was worth doing really with all the greenery on everything!
In reply to Saul Gilsenan: Few VS's up on the Skyline- Karabiner Slab, Pinnacle Arete and Mantelshelf

Not too green, but very humid! and midgy! until the rain came, obviously!
 EZ 05 Jul 2012
In reply to gingerwolf:

Sidebar from another thread: what, having just done it, would you grade karabiner slab?
In reply to EZ: Absolute nails for VS!!!

HVS at least, and quite scary!! And 4c move at the top is hard 4c move!!

Actually, all 3 routes we did were quite run out for a distance for VS's
 EZ 05 Jul 2012
In reply to gingerwolf:

That puts my fire out then. Haha
 Dave Garnett 06 Jul 2012
In reply to gingerwolf: I must get back to my local evening climbing. Southern Californian climbing on perfect granite under blue skies is somehow soulless in comparison.

Still, back to sunny Leek on Saturday morning. Is there any danger of summer having broken out?
 Offwidth 06 Jul 2012
In reply to gingerwolf:

Thanks for some sanity there on that HVS view. EZ must have had a low gravity day.
 Offwidth 06 Jul 2012
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Where did you go in the end?
OP gingerwolf 06 Jul 2012
In reply to Offwidth: Yep, definitely insanity required to climb it at VS!! haha!

Mos my gear is almost dry now, I've checked - apart from my guidebook, which the rain may have just killed off, aftr 3 years of heavy use!!
In reply to gingerwolf: Oh my days, I've never seen that much water at the Roaches ever. Stuck on top of Pinnacle Arete in a lightning storm then rapping down wet ropes is an event to remember.

Karabiner slab: Mega tough for VS. I'd say the top sequence (though well protected in comparison to the rest of the route) was nigh on 5a too.

PS Offwidth, EZ never has a low gravity day. Too much beer and gear to haul up each route!!!! Hahaha.
 EZ 06 Jul 2012
In reply to Double Knee Bar and Gingerwolf:

Laugh as you may about my excess of gravity, I'll be weighing you and your lovely ladies down with lasagne for main and home made chocolate roulade tomorrow. I'll fix you right up you lucky scrawny thin people you!
 EZ 06 Jul 2012
In reply to Double Knee Bar:

> Too much beer and gear to haul up each route!!!! Hahaha.

NB: I don't actually haul beer up any route!
In reply to EZ: There was that time where we were acting like ASBO louts at Castle Inn where some beer hauling definately took place.
 EZ 06 Jul 2012
In reply to Double Knee Bar:

Haha.

(Disclaimer: ASBO louts who didn't rob route guides or lower offs!)
 Dave Garnett 06 Jul 2012
In reply to Offwidth:

Hi Steve, J Tree and Mt Woodson. I posted a quick summary on the Mt Woodson thread.
In reply to EZ:
> (In reply to Dave Garnett)
> Not a lot: http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/The-Roaches/forecasts/505

Do the Peaks Police not monitor URLs?
 Offwidth 07 Jul 2012
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Missed that!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...