UKC

who is going to risk camping....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 05 Jul 2012
Anywhere in England or Wales this weekend?
In reply to An Triubhas: saturday looks ok in North Wales. I live here so I don't need to camp.
 The Norris 05 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

yep, we're off to Sennen. Weather looks ok for tomorrow and sunday, and i think we're gonna do some surfing on saturday in the rain, so hopefully should still have a good weekend!
 woolsack 05 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: Off to play in the mud with some big trucks and tracked vehicles. It will be muddy
 hokkyokusei 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Lake District this weekend and as much of next week as I can stick at it. I've been rounding up all my dry bags ...
OP AdCo82 06 Jul 2012
In reply to hokkyokusei:

I'm braving the peak district.....and yes we bivi and dry bags to hand!!!
XXXX 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

It's the Saunders in Wasdale this weekend. I've looked at the weather forecast and apart from today it looks ok. I think we're too quick to moan about the weather.

graeme jackson 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:
I'm hoping that a couple of thousand hairy bikers will be camping in Kelso this weekend. My band are headlining the BMF bikefest tomorrow and it would be nice to have an audience.
 gingerdave13 06 Jul 2012
In reply to Eric the Red: yup, think it could just about be ok.

will be wet tonight, but dry-ish tomorrow, wet sunday (but hey that's running back to the car...)
 Tall Clare 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

was going to be camping in the Lake District but very grateful to be staying in a cottage now. Mind you, I'm tucked up in bed ill at the moment so wet camping seems doubly unappealing. I must be going soft...
 woolsack 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: Just heard that the site we were going to use is waterlogged, event cancelled so no heavy trucks and mud
 john spence 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: Just pulled the plug on a weekend in Swanage/Portland. So pissed off.
 kbow265 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: Thetford forest.
 the sheep 06 Jul 2012
In reply to john spence:
> Just pulled the plug on a weekend in Swanage/Portland. So pissed off.

Same here!

CurlyStevo 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:
I'm going camping in snowdonia, I'm fully expecting it to rain (although it doesn't look that bad), but basically looking to get some mountain fitness prior to going to the alps so aiming for scrambling in big boots and failing that walking.
 stonemaster 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: Nope, too scaredy...
 stonemaster 06 Jul 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: Damn, there goes one's pathetic excuse; although, when one goes to Gogarth, one usually camps at Capel Curig.
 Trangia 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Maybe in some quiet secluded valley next to a babbling brook?
 cliff shasby 06 Jul 2012
In reply to Eric the Red: what weather forecast are u looking at...?,if it rains this weekend this will be the 5th weekend in a row i havent climbed,,,in summer..to quick to moan..?
Frogger 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Yep, Lakes for us this weekend.

Might not be dry, but when is it in the Lakes?
XXXX 06 Jul 2012
In reply to cliff shasby:

metoffice, yr.no, mwis

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Wasdale/

This says 3.2mm of rain between Saturday morning and Sunday evening.

Coming from a Southerner, I'm quite glad we've had a bit of wetness.

cap'nChino 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: Me. I am dredding it.
 Timmd 06 Jul 2012
In reply to Eric the Red:
> (In reply to cliff shasby)
>
> metoffice, yr.no, mwis
>
> http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Wasdale/
>
> This says 3.2mm of rain between Saturday morning and Sunday evening.
>
> Coming from a Southerner, I'm quite glad we've had a bit of wetness.

Out of the past two or three weeks in Sheffield it's been either grey skies or raining for a lot of the days, to the point that i've found myself starting to feel like I do during thr winter and in need of bright colours around me, and english comfort food and curries to perk me up.

Some sunshine yesterday was a very welcome change.
 Timmd 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Halleluja brother! Let the prodigal son return to the home and the lost sheep return to the fold.

The sun's come out!

Off out on my bike before it decides to rain again.

Is that really the sunshine I can see? It can't be.
 Timmd 06 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Hooray! ()
 CurlyStevo 08 Jul 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: turned out ok, arrived Friday eve in snowdonia no rain at all whilst camping. We did harder scrambles and easy climbs in big boots but folk were out rock climbing too. Dry all day Saturday even got clear summits and sunshine on and off all day. Sunday got up early to make the most of the day got all our objectives done in the dry (and clag free) and then did a continuation easy scramble and walk in the clag with light rain setting in about 3pm all in a very successful weekend considering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...