UKC

Pinarello FV1 any riders?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andrew2332 11 Jul 2012
Has anyone got any experience with the Pinarello FV1?
I'm open to Pinarello mtb based on their road pedigree - but I'd love to know if any owners could confirm they're up to scratch.
The most useful pages on Google are all from Brazil - no idea why - it seems very very few people have any experience.

For reference here is the useful link off Google: http://ultrabike.com.br/bike/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&...
It's got some of the only non-stock photos I've found, but it's still sales orientated so I don't have any idea if it's any good.

Any help would be appreciated.
 Frank4short 11 Jul 2012
In reply to andrew2332:
> Has anyone got any experience with the Pinarello FV1?
> I'm open to Pinarello mtb based on their road pedigree -

Surely the opposite should be the case, no? Considering they've zero experience with mtb.
 Horse 11 Jul 2012
In reply to andrew2332:

> I'm open to Pinarello mtb based on their road pedigree
>
>
Why?

Would you buy a roadie from Nicolai based on their mountain bike experience?
andrew2332 11 Jul 2012
I mention their pedigree as a bike brand on the road in the sense that they would probably not make the mistake of bringing out a terrible mtb. I think you're right, they've got zero experience and no one has heard of them.

What got me thinking was that some of the old Colnago mtb's were half decent.
In all likeliness it's probably a re-branded frame that they've put some mid-level components on and hoped someone would be willing to pay £1000+ for because they know the name.
andrew2332 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Horse:
Orange bought out a road bike a few years ago. That was to all intents and purposes an alu framed entry level bike with 105 on it and price jacked up a bit.
 Horse 11 Jul 2012
In reply to andrew2332:

Colnago still make them, saw a couple at a cross country race last Sunday they looked good and were not hanging around.
 Horse 11 Jul 2012
In reply to andrew2332:

I know and wouldn't buy one, we do have 3 orange mountain bikes.
 David Hooper 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Horse: i was going to buy the Orange Carbo being such an Orange fan boy. My LBS emphatically put me off ( paying for name,poor finish on the frames,better value bikes out there). I ended up buying a Willier Izoard and am so glad I did - its like having a sexy Italian girlfriend.

MTB and road biking are such different disciplines and design principles,it doesn't really follow that one manufacturer can bring you the best of both worlds.

Get your sportcar from Ferrari, get your 4x4 from Landrover - same mindset with bikes I guess.
robvespa 19 Jul 2012
I've got an FV1 and although I'm no extreme tester I can't fault it, I use it for a 19 mile commute 3 times a week and trail riding, I've upgraded the brakes from Shimano mechanical discs to Tektro Auriga Pro, a wider bar and longer stem but that's just to suit me, it was surprisingly basic when I got it for such a big name, I put some slicks on a did the Virgin Money Cyclone 63 mile sportive in Newcastle in June with no bother, rides nice and tight and sharp, it could be made lighter by upgrading more parts, the wheelset for instance, I bought it second hand and for what I paid I'm very happy, if you need any more info or photo's from me let me know, regards, Rob Wilkinson

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...