UKC

Edelrid Ropes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davidbirtles 15 Jul 2012
What are your experiences with edelrid ropes?? I noticed they are usually a bit cheaper than other ropes, is this because they are not as good?
 cliff shasby 15 Jul 2012
In reply to davidbirtles:from personal experience,i bought a 10.5 edelrid rope for wall use,actually it was marketed as a wall rope(hard wearing) and its like a long fluffy caterpillar after not that much use really..
i'll stick to mammut in future.
 Coel Hellier 15 Jul 2012
In reply to davidbirtles:

Yes, Edelrid ropes are fine; they're a very good and reputable brand. Note, though, that they do a range of ropes from cheaper budget ropes to more expensive top-quality ropes. So the cheapest of their ropes will not be as good as the top-notch ones by them or by other manufacturers.
Removed User 15 Jul 2012

Bought a few over the last 18 months, lots of use and still okay.

As an aside, I won't be buying a Mammut unless I have to.
 RagingSphere 15 Jul 2012
In reply to davidbirtles: I've used one for the last 3 years and it has taken no end of abuse and it's still in great nick. I do mean abuse aswell, it's gets used 3 times a week at the wall over winter and in summer it gets dragged through puddles, grit and no end of sheep sh*t.

It's so good I've even got another stashed in the cupboard for when I retire this one next year.
 _MJC_ 16 Jul 2012
In reply to davidbirtles: I have a python that i use at the wall and it feels much nicer than other ropes i have used at the same price and has lasted better.
 Ciro 16 Jul 2012

I got a set of edelrid half ropes at the start of the year and I really like them - enough that when I decided I needed a new single a few weeks back I went for Edelrid straight away (haven't actually done any sport climbing since mind you, so I can't comment on that rope)
 nniff 16 Jul 2012

Edelrid had a long spell when they weren't really available in the UK, but they are one of the big, well-established names.

Personally, I'm glad they're back and my Edelrid rope is the nicest of my selection
 Mr Fuller 16 Jul 2012
In reply to davidbirtles: I'm just back from Outdoor in Germany and Edelrid have some really interesting ropes in the pipeline. I can see their UK market share really growing. Anyway, I'm sure UKC will feature these in the near future. As far as quality goes, there's no reason why they won't be as good as Mammut, Beal, etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...