UKC

Mountain Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Joel Perkin 16 Jul 2012
Hi there, I'm looking to get myself a pair of Mountain boots, because I tired of wrecking cheaper walking boots and want something more up to the job. I need a pair of boots which are comfortable, waterproof and durable. I need them for, scrambling up to vdiff, and walking. I think ideally I'd want a pair of B1's possibly B2 and leather for durability. However it seems that alot of boots are made of synthetic.. what are these like? Any recommendations?
 Pritchard 16 Jul 2012
In reply to Joel Perkin:

I use Altberg Malastangs. Scraps SL and Asolo Powermatic (the one with the rand), mammut also do a full leather B1 with a rand (I forget the name) are all worth a look. At the end of the day, get ones that fit (hence why I got the malastang in extra wide, would of ideally had a rand, but none with a rand fit me).

Happy shopping

Craig.
 mattc 17 Jul 2012
In reply to Joel Perkin: Scarpa manta. Do u want them for summer or winter?? Scarpa cristello or la sportiva trango range
 frano81 17 Jul 2012
In reply to Joel Perkin: ive got a pair of scarpa mantas, there brilliant for walking all year, and i also do some winter climbing in them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...