UKC

What do you log on to first?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 waterbaby 18 Jul 2012
When you go on the Net, where do you go first?

I could have said UKC a couple of years ago, now it's Flickr, followed by email, then FB and every so often I come on here. Sometimes I go all day without bothering at all.

I've seen a change in other people's internet habits too, is it just that we are all getting bored with it or has everyone gone elsewhere?

(BTW, if the apostrophe is in the wrong place I do apologise, I always did struggle with them!)
 The Ivanator 18 Jul 2012
In reply to waterbaby: Still usually UKC, but the Forums certainly seem less lively recently. Every time someone starts a thread about the decline of the Forums there is an impressive statistical denial from UKC central, but the fact I'm in the top 40 posters with 20 something posts last week seems like an indicator that things are not what they were.
Having said that I have received some great advice from the Forums recently (and via email as a result of Forum posts), I hope I have also provided a few useful tips to others.
The Forums are after all only as good as what we put into them.
Cthulhu 18 Jul 2012
In reply to waterbaby:

Always email first. Work email, then personal. Then fb, then a webcomic I like, then a plumbing forum I'm on. I don't check UKC every day any more. It's become far less entertaining than it was.
 teflonpete 19 Jul 2012
In reply to waterbaby:

A quick flick on fb, a quick look in my OU course forums then an even quicker look on here.
My lifestyle and spare time have changed quite a bit this year. Heavily increased workload at work, level 2 OU course, separation, joint custody of the kids and a new partner mean I don't get to spend the time on here (or climbing!) that I used to.
In general I'm a lot happier than I was a couple of years ago when I used to post a lot.
 David Ponting 19 Jul 2012
In reply to waterbaby:

When I first log on - email, Facebook, Google Reader to catch up on (a) webcomics (b) scientific papers (c) a few important blogs.

Lunch break or other "down time" - UKC, other forums, Reader for the rest of the blogs I'm subscribed to.

That said, since I work at a computer, if I'm involved in a conversation here then I'll check far more frequently than once a day.
 Mita 19 Jul 2012
In reply to waterbaby: Once I've logged onto the laptop I go straight to email, this is normally followed but explorer that I have set to open FB, Twitter, YouTube & UKC simultaneously (in that order)... I've taken a fair few steps back from posting on this site for various reasons... But still us it as a helpful medium...
 Padraig 19 Jul 2012
In reply to waterbaby:

Twitter, FB(poker team), 2 x poker forums (sky & blonde), e-mail, oddschecker, steels tips, ztips, bet365, sky news, ukc, gumtree. FML!!
OP waterbaby 19 Jul 2012
In reply to The Ivanator:

I wasn't really meant to be about the decline of UKC, it was more about me being nosy. I wondered what others use the internet for.
OP waterbaby 19 Jul 2012
In reply to teflonpete:

You have a fulfilled life these days. Although you ought to do something about the climbing!!

I'm happy that it's all working out for you, just proves it is possible
 EZ 19 Jul 2012
In reply to waterbaby:

UKC, email and frequently bank all get loaded before I read any of them.

Anyway,
> I've seen a change in other people's internet habits too, is it just that we are all getting bored with it or has everyone gone elsewhere?
Clearly is just a repetition of the old I just bought a car and now everyone seems to have the very same one even though Fiestas were dead rare before I got one. You're just noticing others behaving the same as you because we look for reflections of our self in order to validate who we are when actually Facebook doesn't validate anyone and you would be a better human being if you foresaked it in favour of UKC. You'll quickly become a punter otherwise!
 owlart 19 Jul 2012
In reply to waterbaby: My standard Tabs in Firefox include UKC, Facebook, eBay, a couple of other forums I read, and several Blogs/Tumblr sites of friends that are interesting.
 Ava Adore 19 Jul 2012
In reply to waterbaby:

The only reason I'm on here during the day these days is that it's one of the few "personal" sites I can get on to from work. Gmail, hotmail, FB, YouTube, Ebay etc. are all banned.

So little fun on here nowadays
 yogi2749 19 Jul 2012
In reply to waterbaby: Facebook then IMBD and then UKC everyday... I might change that tomorrow!
 Kimono 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Cthulhu:
plumbing forum before UKC...things really must have taken a turn for the worse round here

Email, FB, BBC news/sport, UKC, windguru (for kitesurf conditions)
Cthulhu 19 Jul 2012
In reply to kieran b:
> (In reply to Cthulhu)
> plumbing forum before UKC...things really must have taken a turn for the worse round here

I'm far more of a plumber than a climber these days...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...