UKC

MIA Trainee seeking practice partners August.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 brockers 20 Jul 2012
Hi

I'm an MIA trainee working toward assessment. I'm looking for some climbing partners to practice with during some weekends in August. Preferably two novices who might be looking to practice setting up belays, looking at crag descents and perhaps abseiling. I'm planning to be in Snowdonia on the following weekends:

August 11-12
August 17-18

It should be noted that as an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountain Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive any kind of payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a BMC I am insured for third part liability.

hope to hear from you soon

Simon
 spacecadetjake 21 Jul 2012
Hi Simon

My wife and I are aged 36 & 39 and have been to our local indoor climbing wall only 4 times recentley so are probably about as novice as you get ha ha.

We don't own any gear as yet but are going to get some shoes this weekend but would we need more gear?

I would have to check that the dates are ok for my wifes work but would be really interested.

Let me know if we're what your looking for

Cheers
Jake
OP brockers 22 Jul 2012
In reply to brockers:
I am also going to be in Wales during the weeks beginning 6th August and 12th August if anyone wants to practice/train during the week.
In reply to brockers:

Hi, I've some experience climbing outdoors but very limited trad experience. I'd be happy to meet up with you in Wales, If your around. I live in London and don't own any transport...is it feasible to take a train to where you are?
icarlton 06 Aug 2012
In reply to brockers: Hi am looking to be in wales on the 17th. Have done some multi pitch but looking to improve rope skills.
 Ray Sparks 06 Aug 2012
In reply to brockers: Hi Brockers have sent you an email thanks ray

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...