UKC

Tories in self-destruct mode?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lord Lawson is now saying that David Cameron should stop 'modelling himself on Tony Blair' ... er, fine ... and 'learn instead from Margaret Thatcher' ... Errr...

Lovely piece on the Telegraph website (of all places) today on the Tory toffs running the country:

http://ow.ly/cotwW

In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Sorry, missed out reference to the first half of the above. BBC News:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18922967
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: How is this; "self destruct mode"?
 john arran 21 Jul 2012
In reply to stroppygob:
> (In reply to Gordon Stainforth) How is this; "self destruct mode"?

If the leaders' behaviour has become so unpalatable that even the Torygraph carries a scathing piece you have to acknowledge that they're not exactly uniting the nation!
 Sharp 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Lawson should give him a break, he's trying his beast to ruin the country. Ok, so he might not be quite as good at it as Thatcher but he's still got time left yet.

Ben
 andy 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Sharp:
> (In reply to Gordon Stainforth) Lawson should give him a break, he's trying his beast to ruin the country. Ok, so he might not be quite as good at it as Thatcher but he's still got time left yet.
>
> Ben

Just scanning that post for irony.....

Nope. None detected. Blimey.
 Bruce Hooker 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Sharp:

> he's trying his beast to ruin the country

Would the beast in question be Boris?
 Fraser 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Sharp:
> Ok, so he might not be quite as good at it as Thatcher but he's still got time left yet.

And being the grand old age of 2 when she was ousted, you can remember those days like it was yesterday I imagine!
 Steve John B 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Fraser:
> (In reply to Ben Sharp)
> [...]
>
> And being the grand old age of 2 when she was ousted, you can remember those days like it was yesterday I imagine!

"I was a minor, I was a toddler..."

(copyright Billy Bragg)
 Fraser 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Steve John B:

Lol - very good ;D
 thin bob 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Steve John B:
> (In reply to Fraser)
> [...]
>
> "I was a minor, I was a toddler..."
>
> (copyright Billy Bragg)

Nice one

"Which rusk are you on, boys, which rusk are you on?"

And, of course, The Milkman Of Human Kindness

RE: original post..i know that I think he's a fck-up, but are his party really disagreeing with his policies..or are they gunning for him personally?
It seems that they want to get rid of him..maybe BloJo Johnson is being manouvred in?
Removed User 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

That's quite a hatchet job that Pravda's come out with.

I was concerned this morning when I heard that George was in charge of some sort of Tory party strategy think tank as well as being Chancellor and of course a constituency MP. You'd think that the last two jobs would be quite enough for someone who has to steer the UK through troubled financial waters. Maybe he's not taking the job as seriously as he should be?

The Lemming 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Bruce Hooker:
>
> [...]
>
> Would the beast in question be Boris?

Could you imagine Boris as PM?

Question Time would be a stand up half hour with witty banter and a few satirical quips.

And he's more likely to offend some nation or other and plunge us into WW3.

On the plus side you can't deny he's Tory to the bone. No way could you confuse him for anything else. He could very well be some scientific experiment splicing DnA of Maggie and Tony?
 Sharp 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Fraser:
> [...]
>
> And being the grand old age of 2 when she was ousted, you can remember those days like it was yesterday I imagine!

You're right, she must have been bad if even 2 year olds were comitting the misery to memory!
 The Lemming 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Sharp:

She stole my milk.
nonymouse 21 Jul 2012
In reply to Bruce Hooker:
>
> [...]
>
> Would the beast in question be Boris?

No, Dennis Skinner

In reply to john arran:
> (In reply to stroppygob)
> [...]
>
> If the leaders' behaviour has become so unpalatable that even the Torygraph carries a scathing piece you have to acknowledge that they're not exactly uniting the nation!

Surely the opposite is true?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...