UKC

Wheelchair friendly places to visit in Llanberis?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Mountains 30 Jul 2012
My wife is a care worker for a girl in a wheelchair, and I am planning on dropping them in Llanberis for a few hours tomorrow whilst I head into the mountains.
Was wondering how suitable the Electric Mountain tour is for a wheelchair user?
Anything else wheelchair friendly you can recommend?
 two06 30 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: what about the slate museum?
In reply to jdawg_85:

Whereabouts is that? Fairly central?

And althougi I have been in Pete's several times, I can't remember if there is a big step up to get in??
 two06 30 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: It's here http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/slate/visit/

IIRC there is a step into Peats
In reply to jdawg_85:
> (In reply to Andy Mountains)
>
> IIRC there is a step into Peats

at the side yes but not at the front - http://goo.gl/maps/219bI
 SCC 30 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains:

Electric Mountain website mentions a wheelchair friendly bus and that stairs can be avoided.

http://www.fhc.co.uk/access_statement.htm

HTH.

Si
 GrahamD 30 Jul 2012

You really want to drop someone off at Petes for a few hours ? there is only so much fun to be had reading old mags and drinking tea !
 two06 30 Jul 2012
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat: Shows how much attention I pay, I was only there yesterday >.<
 David Hooper 30 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: have a walk/push along the doused railway path along Llyn padarn. Also first section of miners track is now apparently wheelchair friendly so you could drop them there then scoot across to teryn bluffs for a climb.
 Banned User 77 30 Jul 2012
In reply to David Hooper:

Quarry hospital plus walks around there
Slate Museum
Pen Llyn for the view
Pen Y Pass and walk up the miners (as you say)
From Bus Stop you can get along to a lookout in the slate quarries, not sure how accessible the gates are..
 Sl@te Head 30 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: The train up Snowdon takes wheelchairs.
In reply to IainRUK & David Hooper:

They were considering Miner's, but weather forecast not looking as chipper as had hoped. Amy doesn't fancy pushing a wheelchair in the rain for miles, and Georgina doesn't fancy being stuck in a wheelchair for miles whilst raining!

Think they have decided on Electric Mountain, Slate Museum and lunch at Pete's. Sounds like a nice day!

Now just to decide on where I go a mooching......

Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 30 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Get in contact with the caban at Pen Y Pass, I think they were getting a all terrain electric chair, so you might be able to get a way up the pyg track.

The Slate museum has wheel chair access and I think electric mountain does as well.

All the best.
 colina 30 Jul 2012
the snowdon train offer a massive £3 discount to wheelchair users,
guess the train would be a more exciting option for a youngster or young adult rather than a cave! however at £25 per adult and £18 per child its not cheap.
have a good day anyway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...