UKC

What lens for Alps trip?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tianshanvirgin 30 Jul 2012
Hi all, Im heading out to the alps in a couple of weeks and finally getting the chance to take some proper pictures! I have a Pentax Kr with the 18-55mm kit lens and the 50-200mm lens. Im hoping to take both Landscape shots and some action/climbing photos. So I'm after your opinions, would you carry both lenses or would you risk not taking either?
Also any tips for taking some decent pictures would be much appreciated, I'm starting to get the hang of this photography lark but every little helps, I am a beginner so be gentle though!
 Nadir khan 31 Jul 2012
In reply to tianshanvirgin: I wouldn't climb with both lenses but if you're hiking then sure , carry both . I climb mostly with a 17-40 on a full frame SLR . Your kit lens is probably the best bet if you only have those 2 .
 harry1969 01 Aug 2012
In reply to tianshanvirgin: I took a Pentax K-R with me to Zermatt last year and took both those lenses. Apart from one day during the week when I carried a Panasonic Lumix compact I took my K-R and both lenses everywhere, even up beyond 4000m and was very happy that I did. Both lenses provided me with excellent picture and I wouldn't have left either behind.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...