UKC

Adidas outdoor kit - jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ripper 31 Jul 2012
So I'm shopping around for a new waterproof jacket - looking for a light-ish Gore Pro Shell or similar with the usual requirements: a hood that will fit over my helmet, pockets out of the way of the harness/hip belt... ME Morpheus looks good value (found one at £179 online) but I also came across something I'd not considered before - Adidas Terrex Feather. It looks like a it has everything you'd want and at a good price. But, just not sure if the idea of outdoor kit from a mainstream manufacturer like Adidas quite sits right with me. Anyone have any experience of this jacket, or their other mountain gear?
thanks, John
 The Lemming 31 Jul 2012
In reply to ripper:
> But, just not sure if the idea of outdoor kit from a mainstream manufacturer like Adidas quite sits right with me.

If the kit is well designed and fit for purpose, then what does not quite sit right for you?

However if the kit is poorly designed and low spec materials then I would walk away from it.
 edinburgh_man 31 Jul 2012
In reply to ripper:

Hi Addidas have been working with some of the British Mountain Guides, especially those based in N. Wales to produce some great kit. I can't speak about your specific jacket but the verdict on the whole is VERY positive.

In addition they have also been working with a lot of the top euro wad climbers to develop technical clothing (e.g. Sanson, Sasha etc).

As a side note: don't buy Gore-Tex PacLite it breathes like shit in comparison to the alternatives (including Activ-Shell).

Cheers

OP ripper 31 Jul 2012
In reply to ripper: My doubts are due to the fact that I've only seen the jacket online and not tried it on, handled it etc - and not being aware of Adidas's outdoor stuff I'm unsure about how fit for the genuine purpose it will be and how much just aimed at the high street. However, at £99.99 for a Pro-Shell jacket with what appear to be all the required features, I'm tempted to take a punt and be prepared to return it if it doesn't make go 'mmmmm' when I see it in real life...
And yes, I'd already decided to steer well clear of Paclite, and Active Shell for that matter too. cheers, John
 edinburgh_man 31 Jul 2012
In reply to ripper:

Take the punt, the stuff I've seen has been really good. As you say you can always send it back if you don't like it.

Cheers
 IMA 31 Jul 2012
In reply to ripper: Don't Adidas own Salomon? and maybe head?
OP ripper 31 Jul 2012
In reply to IMA: do they? I know they bought 5.10 recently...blimey those Germans are taking over the world - again!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...