UKC

Oxfordshire / Milton Keynes area climbing partner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jamieelston 10 Aug 2012
Looking for a regular climbing partner for Oxford / Milton Keynes.

Live near Banbury but climb at both Milton Keynes Big Rock and at Oxford Brookes. Looking to go at least once a week to either place - possibly push for more often depending on work and home comitments.

Been climbing for 6 months so fairly new. Only top rope at the moment but looking at doing a lead course in the next few weeks. Also building a rack at the moment and doing a 3 day trad course in September - so someone who would also be up for going to Wales/lakes etc would be great.

Climbing at around 5a and pushing some 6a grades. Im 31, not as fit as I was once!

Email me/drop me a message.

Jamie
chris1982 10 Aug 2012
In reply to jamieelston:

yhm
ferny 12 Aug 2012
In reply to jamieelston:

I'm pretty much starting myself. I try to get to Big Rock once a week but it doesn't always happen because of work. Thankfully I don't work at weekends so I'm going to spend today there.

Drop me a message if you're still interested.
 Blue68 15 Aug 2012
In reply to jamieelston:

Hi Guys,

When I was in your position I joined the Milton Keynes Mountaineering Club who meet at Big Rock. There are normally club members there most days although our official night is Thursdays.
Look out for the T-shirts and just come and say hi or ask at desk and they should be able to point you towards one of us.

Also, check out http://www.mkmountaineering.org

I have not had a problem finding someone to climb with since

Mark
jamieelston 17 Aug 2012
In reply to jamieelston:
I think thats a good shout, will give it a try this Thursday - i will be the one looking lost !
 antdav 17 Aug 2012
In reply to jamieelston: If you're heading down to Big Rock to meet up with the club give me or Blue a shout and we can have someone from the club to meet you and introduce you to some members of MKMC. Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually busy with club members.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...