UKC

DEAL OF THE MONTH: GO Outdoors: Climbing Gear Sale THIS WEEKEND

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 11 Aug 2012
GO Outdoors (OINews), 7 kbAn Extra 20% Off All Climbing Gear THIS WEEKEND - August 11th and 12th - in store and online.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4834
 martinph78 11 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

You really need to get your instore and online prices sorted out!!

10mm static rope, online price £1.16 p/m

In store price £1.45 p/m

Every time I go I have the same, I have to get them to price match against their own website!

Still, despite a lot of messing around I eventually got 15m of static rope for £13.94. Shame it's such a hassle everytime though
 winhill 11 Aug 2012
In reply to Martin1978:

All the stuff I wanted sold out before the weeekend sale started.
 battledroid 11 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

10 Camp Nano quickdraws for £6 each.. Awesome!
 MikeLell 11 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Their Black Diamond ice screws seem very good value when you take the 20% from a good original price. Gloucester store has plenty of them in.
 Carol B 11 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

In case people don't know I've been in Go today and the 20% discount is on climbing guide books as well. I got Rockfax Eastern Grit for £15.10.
 MikeLell 11 Aug 2012
In reply to Carol B: Cheers for the heads up on that one Carol.
 Ray Sparks 11 Aug 2012
In reply to MikeLell: hi got some realy good deals today myself new evolvs ropes quick draws bargains!! only problem i have wen i search for stuff i wont they never have it in my local goout yet when i visit they do have it??
 Jep_uk 11 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

I made the most of this sale, got a rope bag, harness, belay and krab. Thought I was going to have my usual luck of them being out of the ones I wanted as they didn't have any on display but for once I got a member of staff who knew what they were doing and found them in the back so got everything I had gone in for.

Pity I didn't have a bit more cash for some extra bits
 TheGeneralist 11 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
So is the 20% off on top of the price currently on the website?
I wouldn't have thought so but some climbing gear is clearly not yet 20% off.

cheers
 Jep_uk 12 Aug 2012
In reply to TheGeneralist:

I'm pretty certain the 20% is already off the price on the web, well it is definitely taken off on the mobile app.
 leehawkins 12 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: bought the wife a harness and shoes yesterday. you get 20% off plus more off with your discount card
 Indy 12 Aug 2012
In reply to leehawkins:
> you get 20% off plus more off with your discount card

So a discount card isn't mandatory for a discount in the sale? Will pop along if so.

To be honest as a member of the BMC I've never found that I needed to pay for a Go card as I can get 10% off anyway.
 Andy Mountains 12 Aug 2012
In reply to Indy:

They told me they don't give BMC discount anymore
 gd303uk 12 Aug 2012
In reply to Indy: discount card is only £5 it is worth buying.
 winhill 12 Aug 2012
In reply to Carol B:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> In case people don't know I've been in Go today and the 20% discount is on climbing guide books as well. I got Rockfax Eastern Grit for £15.10.

Not in Loughborough, unfortunately.
 Mike7 13 Aug 2012
It's just disappointing that such a large store has such a disjointed ordering system in place.

So much is unavailable for delivery, then when you check for in-store availability it's yes for some and no for others.

If they could manage some kind of centralised order system I would undoubtedly buy far more kit from them, at present I buy barely any unless I'm near a store and walk in.
 JimboWizbo 14 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Picked up a full set of nuts and a size 0 master cam, they're giving away 10% off vouchers too for September.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...