UKC

Trad improver courses??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mikekeswick 14 Aug 2012
I've just read this article by James McHaffie - http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4555
and the idea of getting some tips on climbing harder trad would sure go down well with me. I seem to be 'stuck' gradewise. I have always got the most out of routes that were on my limit and this is what I enjoy about climbing - the trip you have to go through when doing harder stuff! I made the mistake of climbing with someone who never wanted to push anything and climbed a good few grades easier stuff than me anyway for far too long and their attitude seems to have imprinted itself on my brain.
The only problem being that the course was last June? My question is does anybody know of any similar courses being run in the near future?
Cheers
 deacondeacon 14 Aug 2012
In reply to mikekeswick: Adrian Berry offers a trad improvers course and I've heard great things about it. Pretty expensive though. Seriously considering doing a course too so have been looking around at courses and this one is the one that appeals to me the most.
 Sam Mayfield 14 Aug 2012
In reply to mikekeswick:

We run trad courses in Spain during the winter and could tailor one to improve rather than learn for sure! Might take a place myself.

http://theorangehouse.co.uk/rock-climbing-courses

Or email me at sam@theorangehouse.co.uk

Rich Ellis 14 Aug 2012
In reply to mikekeswick:
Adrian Berry gives a very good value course as I`m sure James McHaffie would as well.
Spending some money on coaching is an investment in yourself.
I`ve seen great changes in climbing by Adrian in a short time , with climbers operating at a range of grades .
 peteJ23 14 Aug 2012
I attended the course with James, Hazel & Jack.

They said they intended to run some more..

But that could be next year at the soonest judging by their current activities..

Plas Y Brenin runs good trad improver courses which usually are run by James

A good place to start
OP mikekeswick 14 Aug 2012
In reply to mikekeswick: Thanks for the ideas/suggestions. I will look into those options.
What I really need to work on is the mental aspect of leading harder routes. I only really lead E1 and have done a few E2/3 but can climb maybe F7a+ and uk 6B physically so know that I should really be leading harder trad routes . Falling on bolts isn't too much of a big deal for me but pushing on through when not sure of the gear is probably my main problem.
I've just started re-reading Arno Ilgners - The Rock Warriors Way....what a book!
 Luke01 14 Aug 2012
In reply to mikekeswick: Hi Mike,

Whilst not being a high profile cutting edge climber, I'm a climbing instructor/coach who is quite clued up on the psychological aspect of climbing in the E3-E6 range. I can certainly run a course for you and go through some mental strategies and tactics for climbing at your limit.

PM me if you want to chat about it and see if I can help you,

Luke
 jezb1 14 Aug 2012
In reply to mikekeswick: Drop Mark Reeves an email, find him on here.
Bogsy 14 Aug 2012
In reply to mikekeswick: Rob Johnson is brilliant at this. he's reasonable priced as a guide, better than well qualified & fun to be out with for a day or two.

Catch his website

http://www.expeditionguide.com/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...