UKC

VIDEO: Stanage Edge, Aerial View

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 15 Aug 2012
[Stanage Edge, Aerial View]
A short clip of Stanage Edge from last winter shot from a mini helicopter.

Can you pick out the routes?

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=1239

AV - changed 15 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Videos:

Hi UKC. Thanks for posting my Video. I took this by chance. I was working in Matlock photographing a solar panel installation. It had snowed the night before so getting to the shoot was difficult to say the least. It had been the best part of 15 years since I last climbed at Stanage but it was so close I thought I would go for a walk and remember the good time I spent there. When I saw the Edge covered in snow as it was I just had to get my small GoPrp equipped Multi rotor camera platform out.

The resulting video was what had been posted. It shows all the classic lines from a totally new perspective so one more use of my flying camera platforms. Photographing routes for guides, videoing climbers on crux moves etc, etc.

So who wants photographing then?

Dave
 Fraser 15 Aug 2012
In reply to aerialvue:

How much does one of thos mini helecopter rigs cost, they look great?
 Kemics 15 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Videos:

A trial of after effects and the stabilize footage effect would make it so much slicker Admittedly you lose a little bit having to crop the edges but it makes a world of difference having completely smooth footage.
AV - changed 15 Aug 2012
In reply to Fraser: Aye Up Fraser. They aint cheap! from £1800 for a decent one, up to over 40K depends what you want to lift. I have them that can carry up to Canon 550D and am building one to carry a Canon 5D but they aint £1800!
 Fraser 15 Aug 2012
In reply to aerialvue:

Yowza! Back to the point'n'shoot on a stick then!
 The Pylon King 15 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Videos:

Love it - would be even better if you took the beats out/used an ambient mix.
AV - changed 15 Aug 2012
In reply to Kemics:
Aye Up Kemics.

The little MR I used did not have a camera gimbal just a go pro stuck on with Velcro . I usually use this little one for pre main flight checked and to trap video or more often stills for survey work. I had done a job in the morning in Matlock and had not recharged the batts for the biguns... Grr The little one was all I had. I could spend a load of time in post but its kind of raw footage on a raw day.. Anyhow I here what you are saying. I just aint had the time to do to much with it.

Dave
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 15 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Videos:

Very nice vid, interesting to see the crag from a (slightly) different view point.

Chris
AV - changed 15 Aug 2012
In reply to Pylon King Liberation Front:

Aye Up Pylon King. I am always looking for tracks so if you would like to suggest some I am all ears

Dave
 Hannes B 16 Aug 2012
Mightiest video ever!! Cheers
AV - changed 16 Aug 2012
In reply to Hannes B:
Thanks Hannes. There are more on our Vimeo page and loads more pics and stuff on our Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/AerialVue
vimeo.com/user7175936
AV - changed 22 Aug 2012
Any one up for being filmed / photographed with this platform this weekend? I will be in Snowdonia so any takers?

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...