UKC

Mitts for Aconcagua - advice needed!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jolivague 15 Aug 2012
My darling mother has said she'll buy me some mitts for my upcoming trip to Aconcagua, bless her.

Any recommendations? Would like to try and keep the cost reasonable so as not to take the mickey for the generous gesture which rules out OR! they won't be a one-off usage as future trips planned to hopefully higher/colder placers

So far looking at:

BD Mercury / Absolute
Rab Expeditions
PHD Xero

Any help appreciated.
TOS 15 Aug 2012
In reply to jolivague:

My 2p worth;

BD Absolute mitts would be my choice out of that list, they are very similar to OR Alti mitts (which would be an ideal choice).

In my opinion the BD Mercury mitts aren't warm enough, but that said I've known people use them on Denali without problems.

The RAB mitts are like comedy boxing gloves, warm but you can't do anything with them. No dexterity at all.

Can't comment on the PHD mitts as I haven't seen them or used them.

koolkat 16 Aug 2012
In reply to jolivague:
i have a pair of ME redline mitts took them to peak lenin but never got high enough to use them so like new , yours for £60
also selling up all my altitude gear so email me if there is anything you are short of .
jolivague 16 Aug 2012
In reply to koolkat: yhm
 koolkat 16 Aug 2012
> (In reply to koolkat) yhm

In reply to jolivaguenot not recieved email send again ?
 Kimberley 16 Aug 2012
In reply to jolivague:

I've been a couple of times and used BD Mercury bot get them big enough to wear a light pair of gloves underneath. It's not as cold as Denali and infact mostly I used my BD Guide gloves again it's woth getting them big enough to wear a thin liner.
Have a good time, the steaks and red wine are exceptional

jolivague 16 Aug 2012
In reply to koolkat: just resent now, might have gone in your junk folder?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...