UKC

Suddenly, E12 seems feasable...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 beardy mike 17 Aug 2012
In reply to tipsy: dyson with death. Awsome.

On a practical note, the students have mucked up somewhat. The things for climbing buildings to get from the bottom to the top right? So having the power coming down from the top may cause an issue?
In reply to tipsy:

"giving the gutsy individual holding the twin pads the ability to climb a 90-foot wall without fear."

So fearless that he only feels the need for one safety rope
 Pinkney 17 Aug 2012
In reply to tipsy:

"They were told to create the perfect tool for armed forces personnel to scale buildings or mountain faces in ultra-tough conditions without the need for ropes and harnesses."

So why are they on a top rope with a harness on? I think they must have missed the brief!
 catt 17 Aug 2012
In reply to tipsy:

Duck tape and a laptop bag. A-Team-tastic!
 WJV0912 17 Aug 2012
In reply to tipsy:

There are so many things I could pick out of this I don't even know where to start... Not sure if stupid or genius.
 subalpine 17 Aug 2012
In reply to tipsy: gecko gloves in lidl must be only a few years away?
 henwardian 17 Aug 2012
In reply to tipsy: It seems unlikely that it's the first time anyone has created something like this. I suppose when they make it 100x less noisy and 0.1x as heavy and probably improve the battery life 100x as well then it just might be 0.01x as good as jetpacks that already exist and posess greater speed, maeauverability and range and can be used in a greater number of situations.

Certainly looks pointless.... but. Sounds like a right laugh to make and practical inventions have certainly come from far more far fetched prototypes than that.
 henwardian 17 Aug 2012
In reply to subalpine:
> (In reply to tipsy) gecko gloves in lidl must be only a few years away?

5/10 for punning.
 Michael Hood 19 Aug 2012
In reply to subalpine: Can't be as hard as they say because it's described as a "scramble"
 HenryCowan 19 Aug 2012
In reply to tipsy: This could work on slate, but limestone...don't think so
In reply to tipsy: Thats an exact rip off of a thing that was prototyped in an old show on ch4 or 5 in the early 2000s. It was a scrapheap challenge-esque kind of show where the contestants had to built something to make them into a superhero. One of them made that exact thing out of a couple of vacuum cleaners.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...