UKC

Preposterous tales - really need a headtorch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stanners 18 Aug 2012
Do you really need a head torch for it or can you make do without?
 Mike Highbury 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners: I switched mine on for a short while at the start of P3 but I'm pretty sure that the guy that I did it with didn't use his at all.
 The Pylon King 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners:

ive got your sunglasses
OP Stanners 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Mike Highbury: ok cheers, I think Ill duck tape my cycling light to my helmet just to be sure
OP Stanners 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Pylon King Liberation Front:
Will have to pick them up after pembroke. Unless you would like to drop them off in Clevedon at 7am tomorrow??
In reply to Stanners:
> (In reply to Pylon King Liberation Front)
> Will have to pick them up after pembroke. Unless you would like to drop them off in Clevedon at 7am tomorrow??

yeah right.
In reply to Stanners:
> (In reply to Mike Highbury) ok cheers, I think Ill duck tape my cycling light to my helmet just to be sure

eat lots if carrots
OP Stanners 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Pylon King Liberation Front:
haha Will do. Ive just got to convince my comrades to accompany me on the route now. Using my helmet cam on it, so if any of us die at least we can make a film about it.
 John H Bull 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners:
No, but take a tea towel
 J B Oughton 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners: We did it a week ago, intending to do it with head torches but I was in charge of packing them so obviously they were forgotten! At one particularly dark point on pitch two I thought one might have been useful for the leader, and was regretting not packing it, but really it's more exciting and interesting without a light.

I later found that I had actually packed the headtorch, but forgotten where I put it...
 stonemaster 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Joughton:
>
> I later found that I had actually packed the headtorch, but forgotten where I put it...

Happens rather more often than many people think....
 scott titt 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners:
I did it without, the colours from the light coming up from the sea were wonderful.
OP Stanners 19 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners:
cheers everyone, tea towel and torch in case it is
John1923 19 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners:

I find that the more experienced climbers always know exactly where their head torch is at all times.
 jcharles 19 Aug 2012
In reply to John1923:
> (In reply to Stanners)
>
> I find that the more experienced climbers always know exactly where their head torch is at all times.

At home?
 Dan Arkle 19 Aug 2012
 irish paul 19 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners: My missus did it with the light from her wristw*tch. I'm not even joking.
In reply to Stanners:

Depends on the weather, I'd say. Sunny August day, you'll be fine without one. Cloudy winter day, not so much.

jcm
OP Stanners 22 Aug 2012
We got F**KED !!!
In reply to Stanners:

Are you going to tell us more?
 lowersharpnose 22 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners:

Tell the tale. Please.
 Quarryboy 22 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners:

Basically we got to the first belay in the cave then rob started on the second pitch and realised it was way too wet, and it took us somewhere around 3 hours to get back out again.
In reply to Quarryboy:

Glad you survived, but I'm not surprised you had an epic, I think we have had some rain nearly every day for the last week in pembrokeshire, and when I was on bosherston head a week ago the swell was so big spray was coming out the top of preposterous tales.
 The Pylon King 22 Aug 2012
In reply to Quarryboy:
> (In reply to Stanners)
>
> Basically we got to the first belay in the cave then rob started on the second pitch and realised it was way too wet, and it took us somewhere around 3 hours to get back out again.

3 HOURS?

Brilliant stuff

The likely lads strike again!!

JamieSparkes Global Crag Moderator 23 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners:

a different view of PT - not a good day to be on (in?) it

http://www.geolocation.ws/v/W/File:Blowhole%20at%20Bosherston%20Mere%20-%20...

when we got out there was someone there with a camera hoping it'd do this!
OP Stanners 24 Aug 2012
I have created a shirt film about our experience which I will upload and link shortly! Would be good to have some feedback on it
OP Stanners 24 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners:
*short
 Paul Robertson 24 Aug 2012
In reply to Stanners:

youtube.com/watch?v=PGDKTTNXH2w&

A Scott-Maxwell favourite from the 80s
 DSM 03 Sep 2012
In reply to Paul Robertson:
So the secret is out at last.
That's Preposterous Ken.

DSM
 heleno 03 Sep 2012
In reply to DSM:

Now then, now then!

(We enjoyed the link - tash & jake hadn't heard it before, though Dom & Jake did the route last month - see jakes new blog for details.)
 GrahamD 04 Sep 2012
In reply to Quarryboy:

Surely after the first pitch its always wet and is supposed to be climbed that way ?

Last time I did it I got hit by a wave bouncing off the back of the cave whilst sitting on the second belay - talk about atmospheric !
 HappyTrundler 04 Sep 2012
In reply to Quarryboy:

Exactly the same thing happened to me last year, I posted on here if you look back at my previous threads, it will all sound very familiar to you....happens a lot apparently...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...