UKC

D’oh moment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gingerdave13 20 Aug 2012
Yikes I might have left my MTB outside all night and day unlocked at home….

I’m sure it’ll be ok, I mean who else would want a single speed mtb?

And no I won’t reveal where it is. But I do hope it’s still there when I get back!

Donut from the land of donuts!
 stonemaster 20 Aug 2012
In reply to gingerdave13: Easily done. Phone a friend to check for you? Good luck.
OP gingerdave13 20 Aug 2012
In reply to stonemaster: none local enough to check in a lunch break or similar.. will just have to wait for tonight.

hopefully it'll stay in-situ!

I am a silly bugger.
 ebygomm 20 Aug 2012
In reply to gingerdave13: i once biked to work but left my keys in the front door (on the outside). Car on the drive. I biked home again pretty quickly
OP gingerdave13 20 Aug 2012
In reply to ebygomm: this was classic miss-communication. When unloading the car, wife took bike to shed. I thought she'd put it away. In reality she said you can put it away.

must wash out ears occasionally....
In reply to gingerdave13:

I was working in Cambridge on a short attachment for a few months, living in a 'dodgy' neighbourhood and had been leaving my relatively cheap (£300) MTB outside with double bike locks on it at night. When I found it stolen one morning I popped round to warn the neighbours either side so they could secure their own bikes and both sides replied "Oh yeah? I'm on my (insert 3rd or 5th bike here) we only buy cheapo bikes now!"
ceri 20 Aug 2012
In reply to gingerdave13: I left my front door unlocked by misdtake for a bout a week, recently. Luckily, i live in a very nice place, so it was all fine. I left my key in my motorbike on Uni campus once, someone came and told me about it.
 LastBoyScout 20 Aug 2012
In reply to ceri:

Once left my front door wide open and went to London for the day - think I thought girlie had shut it and she thought I was still going back in for something.

First I heard of it was, fortunately, my sister phoning me - from my home phone!
OP gingerdave13 21 Aug 2012
In reply to gingerdave13: fourtunately still in situ! phew...
 Richard Carter 21 Aug 2012
In reply to gingerdave13:

Depends where you live I guess.

My parent's live in South West Germany and in their village is a bus stop. Each morning there's a chap who cycles to the bus stop from a nearby village and props his carbon road bike against the bus stop and goes off to work. No bike lock or anything!!! Gets the bus back in the afternoon and cycles home. Crazy, totally crazy.

Where I live the bike would be gone in seconds. Along with any parts of the bus stop that weren't bolted to the floor.
 stonemaster 21 Aug 2012
In reply to gingerdave13: All's well then. You won't be forgetting to lock it in a hurry....
 Mikkel 21 Aug 2012
In reply to Richard Carter:

He probably stole it and dont want to waste money on a lock for it.
;0)

Where i grew up, little village in Denmark, i dont recall ever locking the bikes at home.
Nor cars or doors used to get locked either.
Only recently i heard of stuff being stolen around there, someone stripped all the stuff from the kids playground at the local school, how things change.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...