UKC

Boreal Rock shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 geordiepie 21 Aug 2012
In need of new shoes (again) and have never owned Boreal so just wondering what people's thoughts are? In particular, what is the rubber like on their current shoes? From what I've seen in the shop it's very different to 5.10 or vibram, how does it compare in terms of performance and durability?

I usually find myself going for La Sportiva or 5.10 so just thinking I should broaden my horizons a bit, any help appreciated.
 Monk 21 Aug 2012
In reply to geordiepie:

I like Boreal shoes. As usual, it's all about the fit so recommending a model is pointless. I have always found Boreal shoes to be well made and hard-wearing - I don't think I've ever gone through the uppers on a Boreal shoe, but I have in other brands, and the soles have always lasted well. I can't comment on their latest rubber though, as I am still using some old Spiders that have the old rubber on (not quite as grippy as others, but will very rarely make the difference between doing a route or not).
 Jenny C 21 Aug 2012
In reply to geordiepie: Boreal are handmade in Spain and as a retailer I can honestly say that I can't remember when we last had a pair of their rockshoes returned because of a fault/defect.
 winhill 21 Aug 2012
In reply to Jenny C:
> (In reply to geordiepie) Boreal are handmade in Spain and as a retailer I can honestly say that I can't remember when we last had a pair of their rockshoes returned because of a fault/defect.

Is that because people give up on them and buy another? <hypothetical>
OP geordiepie 22 Aug 2012
In reply to geordiepie:

Thanks all....will try some and see how they fit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...