UKC

Stove fuel supplier - Majorca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 didntcomelast 22 Aug 2012
Travelling to Majorca in september to walk the GR221, the drystone wall route. Sorted with the transport matters but having trouble locating a fuel supplier in Palma before we set off.
I know there is a Decathlon in the town which should sort us for a gas cylinder but our main stove will be a Whisperlight on either Colemans fuel or parrafin.
Does any one have any advice as to the best place to shop in Palma for fuel before we catch our bus. ( town centre preferable as our timings are tight)
 hexcentric 22 Aug 2012
In reply to tony forster:

potentially in this shop: http://www.foracorda.com/beta/en

i cant remember if they had gas as it was a long time ago i went.
 marsbar 22 Aug 2012
In reply to tony forster: Can you use unleaded petrol in it?
&y_Gee 22 Aug 2012
I cannot recommend a specific shop because it's about fifteen years since I last went to Mallorca on a self-supported hiking tour. At the time, I took my MSR XGK and allowed a couple of days in Palma for sightseeing and shopping for supplies including fuel. Eventually, after asking in a hardware store, I was directed to a "Carbonería" where I asked for "petróleo" and was supplied with very good quality clear paraffin. It can be done but you will need some time to explore the smaller shops in the back streets.
 FrankBooth 22 Aug 2012
Why not just buy another stove at Decathlon? You'll get a basic camping gaz model for a tenner or which will be lighter and more versatile than the Whisperlight
 gear boy 22 Aug 2012
In reply to tony forster: fuel sources stated as above

Are you planning on overnighting at the lluc monastery?
 Brendan H 24 Aug 2012
In reply to tony forster: Iv stressed out about this in various countries from france to Iceland, dont worry aboutit you can pick up what you need in most supermarkets or failing that petrol stations, just like home simples
OP didntcomelast 02 Sep 2012
In reply to gear boy:

Sorry for the lack of updates/replies, major computer problem which I have only managed to rectify tonight. Thanks for the updates though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...