UKC

Indian Visa

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 24 Aug 2012
After hearing tales of woe about the bureaucracy involved in getting an Indian Visa I sent my application off on 14th August with a degree of apprehension. They received it on 16th.

Yesterday at 15:30, whilst out on the hills, I received a text from the IHC saying that my passport was being returned so I thought I'd get it tomorrow or early next week.

At 8:30 this morning said passport with visa arrive.

Ten out of ten to the IHC AND Royal Mail.
 Postmanpat 24 Aug 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Lucky you are not the Indian woman I was told about (Indian passport, UK permanent residency visa) who went to the jobcentre to get an NI.

The jobcentre said they thought her passport may be fake (it's not) and took it away. They then denied they had it (despite a receipt), then said the Home office had it, the Home office denied this but eventually suggested it may be with the IHC. So the Home office decided to issue a deportation order anyway.
She still hasn't got her passport back, two years after the jobcentre took it.
 Kimono 24 Aug 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
That sounds pretty good for the current system.
But i definitely miss the 'good old days' of going in person to the Indian High Commission and getting your visa the same morning.....after a few hours negotiating indian bureaucracy of course

Have a great trip!
 Rachel Slater 24 Aug 2012
In reply to mypyrex: We went to the Indian embassy in Manchester on Tuesday and we've had a text to say they are already ready. However they did make us redo the form when we first went in because we hadn't put our parent's middle names. Apart from that a very good service.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...