UKC

ryanair cash passport (pre-paid mastercard thing)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dan bulman 25 Aug 2012
looking to book flights with ryanair for the first time. booking/administration fee is £6pp per flight. so 4 people is an extra £48.
but there is no fee for using a pre-paid mastercard thing called their cash passport. the only fee there seems to be £6 one0off charge off mastercard.
has anyone used this for booking ryanair flights?? anre there any hidden costs which will end up costing loads in the long run?
thanks,
dan.
 andy 25 Aug 2012
In reply to dan bulman: £6 one off fee. £150 minimum load. 50p per use if you use it for anything other than Ryanair flights. £2.50 per month "inactivity fee" of you don't use it for 6 months. £2 cash withdrawal.

I guess if you take one out with exactly the right amount for your RA flights, pay for them and then close it then you'll save some money with it.

http://www.flights.co.uk/articles/ryanair-s-new-catch-the-cash-passport.htm...
 andy 25 Aug 2012
In reply to dan bulman: Incidentally I spotted a catch with Jet2 I'd not seen before - they charge you per bag (think it's £16.50) but also charge £12 per passenger who checks in baggage. We usually take 3 bags between 4 on family hols, so normally click the "one bag per passenger" and remove one, which would be £36.

But then I spotted you can check 3 bags in each - avoiding the £12 for two people (you only pay the £12 per person who checks bags in, not per bag). Not a huge amount, but it feels like a small win!
OP dan bulman 25 Aug 2012
In reply to andy: thanks very much andy. good info.
 auld al 27 Aug 2012
In reply to dan bulman: ah, but is ther still not a max weight allowance per passenger - ie you won't get 3 * 22kg
OP dan bulman 27 Aug 2012
In reply to auld al: i think on our flights its 15kg £30, 20kg £50. hand luggage 10kg free and is size restricted.
 auld al 27 Aug 2012
In reply to auld al: sorry - Andy aeems to be right http://www.jet2.com/new/extras/baggage nice one!
 auld al 27 Aug 2012
In reply to auld al: *seems*

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...