UKC

Sharing campsites in Tuolumne Meadows

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hey,

We're off to Tuolumne next week and are hoping to camp. Looking at the prices it says $20 for a site for 6 people. We were wondering if anyone who had been before knows if smaller groups tend to share sites as it books up pretty fast? And if so how easy it is to do this?

I've read that there are a couple of notice boards climbers use to communicate, has anyone seen any messages like this or do people hook up in the queue?!

Cheers
 SteveSBlake 31 Aug 2012
In reply to CharlotteJelleyman:

There's a few additional sites just outside the park on the road down to Mono Lake, not far from the park and an easy drive into the climbing. I can't recall if you pay and there may not be facilities other than a loo and fire pit, but they are a useful alterenative.

Steve
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Cheers Steve, we will definitely check those out if it looks like there is no hope of camping in the Meadows.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 31 Aug 2012
In reply to CharlotteJelleyman:

It has been a few years, but we have shared in the past. Just wandered around until we found a part-filled site, then made them an offer that couldn't refuse.

Chris
 dan bulman 31 Aug 2012
i was there for a few week and stayed in the site behind the shop. there was a hike/bike bit at the back with an honesty pay box. we were there in the holiday months but it was dead quiet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...