UKC

quick draws from go outdoors??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
daverigby 02 Sep 2012
just looking to buy my first quick draws for use indoors and occasionally outdoors just wondering anyone know much about the camp orbit wire gate or the camp orbit betlock draws
thanks
In reply to daverigby:

Been using both of them for over a year now. Both are great as far as I'm concerned. The wiregate ones are dead light, they both seem to be well stitched and manufactured.

There are more expensive/fancy ones out there, but these do the job as well as others I've used plus Go Outdoors does have some decent discounts now and again.
Hope that helps.
Tjstewart 02 Sep 2012
In reply to daverigby:

Yeah i can 2nd that i use both them also and have been doing so for over a year.
They hold a 20% off day every so often also plus if your a part of the emergency service like me you get a further discount and also they will do a price match if you see it cheaper else where so cant complian
 Stuart Wood 02 Sep 2012
In reply to daverigby:

Orbits are brilliant biners, really nice action. For tradding don't discount the nanos, they look and feel small at first, but after using them for a while they are bloody ace!

Woody
 Jon_Warner 02 Sep 2012
In reply to daverigby: have owned camp orbit solid gates for 3 years now. though I quickly reslinged with petzl spirit slings (I thought the orbit slings were rubbish - the one held tight kept slipping out to one side). So yes the gates themselves are very good value.
Robyn Vacher 03 Sep 2012
In reply to daverigby:

I have been very pleased with the orbits. Mainly used indoors though.
 Blue Straggler 03 Sep 2012
In reply to daverigby:

Orbits are great especially for sport climbing. I have ten. I paid £36 for each pack of 5 when they had them on discount.
 antdav 03 Sep 2012
I picked up a set of 5 for £25 last year, great bargain. Good short QD's for sport and indoors.
 Quiddity 03 Sep 2012
In reply to daverigby:

I got a set of the betlock orbits as budget leave-in draws for projects and because I was curious about the rave reviews on here. They seemed great when brand new but disappointingly, after quite a small amount of use, one of the gates on a rope-end draw is already sticking open, despite quite a lot of lubing. I don't know what it is, perhaps it's a design issue and they need stronger springs, perhaps I got unlucky but whatever it is it hasn't happened with 3+ years of fairly heavy use on my Spirits. Other than this they have been great and clip very nicely but a gate sticking open factors quite high in my list of quickdraw dealbreakers. They are decent draws considering the price but I think you do get what you pay for.
daverigby 07 Sep 2012
In reply to daverigby: cheers to all who replied the walls im using have quickdraws in place but want to start getting use to clipping then myself thats why im opting for some cheaper ones like the orbit
 Chi Cheng 07 Sep 2012
In reply to daverigby:
Here you go. £45 for 6, buy two packs and you'll be set.

Solids clean nose gates at the top,
wide tapes, to dog on
and light wire gates on the bottom.

Job done.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...