UKC

Half ropes? Tendon ambition 8.5mm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Cowley 03 Sep 2012
i,m after buying twin half ropes for trad climbing for obvious reasons. Looking at the tendon ambition 8.5 x 60m half ropes. Has anyone had any experience or advice to give about these particular ropes

Cheers

David
 Ross B 03 Sep 2012
Have them, love them, most people who have used mine seem to like them, BUT I do not kow what I am talking about as they are my first ropes.

Ross
 CurlyStevo 03 Sep 2012
In reply to David Cowley:
If you want something that will last and last the mammut genesis have a very good reputation in this area. Elderid also are very hard wearing.
 Stephi 03 Sep 2012
Got them 1 1/2 years ago and I am happy with the handling (used them for trad and a bit of winter climbing). Have a feeling that the sheath is not as hard-wearing compared to other ropes, but they are quite cheap...
 Ed Navigante 13 Sep 2012

was about to post this exact post
hopefully this bump will add some replies from people with a good comparison
 Stuart Wood 13 Sep 2012

Mine have had a spanking! Brilliant ropes! Durable, handle well and great price!

Woody
 James Oswald 13 Sep 2012
I got the TA 8.5mm the other day. Not used them yet but they seem lovely...
 ianstevens 13 Sep 2012
In reply to David Cowley: I've got a pair of the 7.9's and have used a mates 8.5's, both of which are absolutely top notch. I personally prefer them over the genesis, and the tendon ropes a bit/quite a bit cheaper.

Buy the Tendon ones and you'll never, ever look back!
OP David Cowley 14 Sep 2012
Ended up getting these ropes and very happy with what I got. Thanks everyone for your advice, now I'm gonna stop posting on here and get out and get them used

Oh anyone else interested they do come with the nanotechnology cover on them rather than the basic proofing that cheaper ropes come with

Darron 14 Sep 2012

I got a pair of tendon ambitions last week for £135 from Go Outdoors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...