UKC

Bib shorts fit for tallish skinny build

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr Powly 05 Sep 2012
Hello,
Just moved 10 miles out of town and so am now commuting by bike every day, which has led me to realise I could do with more than one pair of shorts. I'd like to get some bib shorts anyway and notice Wiggle have a sale on. Most of the shorts have sizing information, and for my height and inside leg I think I'm probably a large, except that the large sizes seem to be mostly for a 34-36 inch waist, while I'm a 32.

These campag shorts http://tinyurl.com/c5yoemb don't have any sizing info, but look quite slim in the picture; does anyone recommend campag clothing for a tall skinny build, or any other shorts in a similar price range? I'm 6 foot, 32 in waist, with long legs.

Cheers,
Tom
 Tall Clare 05 Sep 2012
In reply to Mr Powly:

Mr TC is 6'4 and built like a racing snake - he swears by Endura kit. I think he takes a medium, and he's 32" waist.
OP Mr Powly 05 Sep 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Thanks will look into them, unfortunately not included in the sale at wiggle though.
 Rubbishy 05 Sep 2012
In reply to Mr Powly:

The italian stuff is slim fit, but can come up short in the body.

I am 32" wasit and 5'10 and as Clare points out Endura is good kit though I am short of leg and long of body. . Gore is good as well.
 balmybaldwin 05 Sep 2012
In reply to Mr Powly:

The Castelli stuff comes up pretty small waist wise.

I found that the "height" of bibs is more important than waist, as the waists are so stretchy
 Hat Dude 05 Sep 2012
In reply to Mr Powly:

A lot of cycle clothing especially Italian, tends to be small for the size quoted.

Particularly with shorts; I'd recommend buying some you've tried on.
Removed User 05 Sep 2012
I am 6'6" and 75kgs - DHB size large fit really well. Good leg diameter size, shoulder straps a good length too..
 Tiberius 05 Sep 2012
In reply to Mr Powly:
> ...unfortunately not included in the sale at wiggle though.

They don't need to be. Most people who try them will buy them without any price reductions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...