UKC

NEWS: Young Guns Send Dartmoor V11

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Sep 2012
James Squire reaching for the lip on Jungle V.I.P (font 8a) at Burrator Resivour, Dartmoor., 4 kbJames Squire and Hamish Potokar have both recently climbed Jungle V.I.P (Font 8A) at Burrator Reservoir/Lakeside Boulders in Dartmoor.

The guys are 15 and 16 years old.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67408

francois 06 Sep 2012
Congrats to the both of you, it looks pretty nails! I like the double toehook towards the end.
 Lord_ash2000 06 Sep 2012
In reply to UKC News: Some funny editing on that video. Was that the full accent, or was that missed and this is put together from footage of other goes?

Looks hard though, good effort.
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent effort guys!

Would have been nice to have a little more info about the place and first ascentionists perhaps?
 Stanners 06 Sep 2012
In reply to UKC News:
Nice one Lads! Great Vid!
 JKinsella 06 Sep 2012
In reply to Lord_ash2000: That's in his blog post. Think he shot some footage after the ascent.
 Stone Idle 06 Sep 2012
In reply to UKC News: Well I won't be going for a try but whence did he send it? Sorry....
 Robert Durran 06 Sep 2012
In reply to Stone Idol:
> (In reply to UKC News) Well I won't be going for a try but whence did he send it? Sorry....

"Whither" surely.

granticus 07 Sep 2012
In reply to El3ctroFuzz: I'm not, normally, one to post on these forums and almost didn't but am in agreement with you Fuzzyman!

Lovely to see 'da yoofs' of the South West on the front page of UKC sending a classic Dartmoor test piece, well done to you groms!

However, as there wasn't much coverage at the time, much respect should be thrown in the direction of the first ascentionist, Mikey Cleverdon, for putting the problem up in the first place.
In reply to UKC News: "James Squire reaching for the lip on Jungle V.I.P (font 8a) at Burrator Resivour[sic], Dartmoor."

Errmmm.... Lol?
 Jonny2vests 07 Sep 2012
In reply to UKC News:

The grey haired spotter at the end... looks a bit like Graham Alderson.

Well done guys.
In reply to granticus:

Correcto Brutus,

Thats UKC in a nutshell. If you aint best friends with the editor, it doesnt matter if you do the first ascent of a classic 8a dartmoor roof, you still dont get any press.

Pff..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...