UKC

Ceuse rope length

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 willoates 09 Sep 2012
Will I get away with a 70m rope in Ceuse or should i just spend the extra wonga and get an 80m?

I had a beal 70m Joker, but hated it because it wore out so quickly. any rope advice would be great too.

Thanks,

Will
 Chi Cheng 09 Sep 2012
In reply to willoates:
Hey,

1st time i went i took a 60m and my mate took an 80m. Mine was a little too short and his was over kill.

2nd time took a 70m and an 80m, 70m was just fine and the 80m felt overkill again.
Also most for the long are extentions to shorter routes with belays before the extention start. So you could lower to the belay and ab off or rethread and get lowered if your rope is too short.

On ropes buy a Mammut rope amazing build quality and almost last forever. Something like a 9.2 Revelation:
http://www.mammut.ch/en/productDetail/201001350_v_4158_60_92_0/9.2-Revelati...
 Dan Lane 09 Sep 2012
In reply to willoates:

You're too much of a punter to do anything at Ceuse...

PS, I'll be in Wales from the 23rd Sept if you're around and keen to climb?
 Ed Booth 09 Sep 2012
In reply to willoates: 70 m. The new dmm prodigy is the best!
 phil64 09 Sep 2012
In reply to willoates: yo will
70m rope is spot on for ceuse. the mammut rope is awesome, sure you have used it with me, lasts very well and handles nicely.... when you going? Phil
OP willoates 10 Sep 2012
In reply to willoates: thanks guys, ill get a 70m one of those two, i'll see what V12 has in.

Phill - Going out around mid October with Murdoch... u fancy a bit of endless bolted limestone?
 Ed Booth 10 Sep 2012
In reply to willoates: Get some belay glasses too if ur going with Murdoch...
 Climber_Bill 10 Sep 2012
In reply to willoates:

Agree that 70m will be fine for most routes. You'll be scared long before the rope length is an issue .

Took a 70m DMM prodigy and that was great, but also would agree with Mammut ropes being really good.

R.
 Oli 10 Sep 2012
In reply to willoates:
If you're buying a new rope anyway, buy an 80 rather than a 70 so it'll still be 70 when you've trashed the ends and cut them off a few times.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...