UKC

SNOW on the BEN

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jamie Hageman 11 Sep 2012
yes indeed!
 wilkie14c 11 Sep 2012
In reply to Jamie Hageman:
will tower ridge be in nick, how long would it take me, what rope do I need and what chocolate do I need for it? Oh and can you recommend a bunk house in FW?
Right, thats winter done then
 Only a hill 11 Sep 2012
Is the Curtain in nick yet?

(Seriously though, it's exciting! Last year I was in Glencoe in time for the first snows and got my traditional early season snowy ascent of Ledge Route done. I don't think I'll be so lucky this year.)
 Glen 11 Sep 2012

Yep, snow at the top of the white corries too. Whoop, whoop!

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe/
 Simon Caldwell 11 Sep 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:
> can you recommend a bunk house in FW?

have you considered the CIC...
 wilkie14c 11 Sep 2012
In reply to Toreador:
> (In reply to blanchie14c)
> [...]
>
> have you considered the CIC...

Yes I did once, I considered setting it on fire but thought I may get caught so I settled for having a poo near the gas bottles
 Northern Man 24 Sep 2012
In reply to Jamie Hageman: I could not believe it, took a day from work today drove all the way to the Ben. Orion Face, The Curtain, Point 5 and Glovers all NOT in condition. Please let this be a warning to you all do your research and do not get caught out like I did. Sat at home after a 700 mile round trip feeling rather silly looking at my front room curtain.
estivoautumnal 24 Sep 2012

Do we really need this post EVERY Sept? This must be the 10th year in a row that someone has posted about snow in Autumn. It happens every year!
 AdCo82 24 Sep 2012
In reply to estivoautumnal: ah but you have viewed it and replied so must be slightly interested
OP Jamie Hageman 24 Sep 2012
In reply to estivoautumnal:
> (In reply to wee jamie)
>
> Do we really need this post EVERY Sept?

YES. We do
 Wesley Orvis 24 Sep 2012
In reply to estivoautumnal:
> (In reply to wee jamie)
>
> Do we really need this post EVERY Sept?

Yes! Why not make people aware? i can now start my daily checks on the Ben Nevis webcam.

Russell Lovett 24 Sep 2012
In reply to Jamie Hageman,Get up there with your camara Jamie cant wait to see what you come up with this winter.for those of us who cant get up there very often some of the shots on here are the next best thing.
Removed User 25 Sep 2012
In reply to estivoautumnal: Don't respond each year then you wont feel so bad about it.
 SFM 25 Sep 2012

Nah it's no....
 Mark Bannan 25 Sep 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:
> (In reply to estivoautumnal) ah but you have viewed it and replied so must be slightly interested

FAO: estivoautumnal - I can't help pointing out the irony of your post too.

FWIW - I love hearing this type of post. What's the harm in knowing that the first snows are falling and getting excited about the coming winter!

M

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...