UKC

Recommendations on quick hit crags in Mallorca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
zerog 20 Sep 2012
I'm heading to Mallorca for a few days for work (!!) but have decided to bookend the trip with a climbing day on each end. Have finagled my co-worker to come with me but he's a beginner.

I saw the UKC article (here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2519) with the ten must do routes, but given our time restraints, probably won't have time to go crag hopping.

Was hoping to get recommendations for 2 day trips (single or really nearby crags) where there will be something easy (in the 5ish range) for my belay slave, along with a few 6c+ - 7a's I can give a bash at.

Thanks in advance

Andy Hemsted 21 Sep 2012
In reply to zerog:

'Quick-hit' depends on where you're staying: Mallorca is a big island, so you'll want to choose a crag which is near to your accommodation.

I (6a+ish) went with my missus (3/4ish) and we stayed in Alcudia in the north. The best days, with stuff for us both, were Cala Magraner, Creveta and Sa Gubia. The walk-in at Sa Gubia is longer than the other two, but it's impressive.

If you are staying in the north, the easiest crag of all is Hairpin Wall at Las Perxes ... we popped in here when weather restricted us to a half-day.

Andratx is OK if you're staying at Palma.
 monkeyboy3000 21 Sep 2012
In reply to zerog: Hi there,

I was on a "definitely not a climbing holiday" with my girlfriend a month or so ago and managed to get in a half day at La Creveta - not climbing quite as hard as you but i think there are some harder climbs. Definitely some good 6b, 6b+ and a couple of easier ones too.

Really easy to get to from porta pollenca on a moped or if you have a car there is a decent sized car park for a nearby lookout / photo spot. walk in bout 15 mins with a little scrambling but its easy enough to find.

good luck

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...