UKC

Heading to Sardinia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Scott Anderson 20 Sep 2012
Evening all,

I'll be in Sardinia by Saturday
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of the Island they would like to share.
Climbing or otherwise….
In reply to fifth:

Cool no worries all, hopefully I'll have a reccy or two to share when I get back!
J1234 21 Sep 2012
In reply to fifth:
Climbing at Surtana is fantastic and well worth the 40 minute or so walk in. Be aware that much of the Limestone is incredibly sharp and you may want to take an older pair of Rock Shoes.
Enjoy, it really has some superb unpolished climbing at steady grades, not soft like kaly nor silly necky starts like some Spanish.
 Michael Chan 22 Sep 2012
In reply to fifth: how long are you there for? I'm thinking of heading over and could use a partner or two as I'll be on my own
In reply to michael00693: Cheers for the heads up! Im here for a week, but not all climbing, some scuba also as it's meant to be some of the best diving in the med!
 frankcp87 22 Sep 2012
In reply to fifth: I went out about this time of year a few years back. It was awesome, wild camping, climbing on the beach and eating far too many olives for it to be good for you! It got pretty hot in the middle of the day, but perfect time to sleep on the beach or go for a swim! The rock is really sharp in places, i shredded a pair of shoes. We went to some out of the way crags all down the east side of the island. But it's a great place to explore. I can't think of the name, but we went to some crazy bouldering on some big bizarre granite boulders! Enjoy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...