UKC

Winter sun climbing ideas please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joshen 21 Sep 2012
I'm looking for ideas on where to go for a week or 2 probably in late November for some sun and rock. Ideally it would be within driving distance so i have a car to get around to different places and was thinking about getting a ferry to Bilbao and driving to Costa Blanca, but have been before so looking for other ideas.

My preferences are: A fair few routes that aren't too hard, sunshine, warmth, preferably some trad, preferably something other than limestone and preferably some big but not too hard routes. (not all essential)

Any advance on Costa Blanca?

Cheers
OP joshen 29 Sep 2012
In reply to joshen: bump
 AJM 29 Sep 2012
In reply to joshen:

France surely nearer/faster? Buis, Seynes/Russan, Buoux/Orgon, Chateauvert and so on could potentially offer good climbing conditions round that sort of time...? Mostly limestone and sport but a huge variety of lengths and difficulties, and all good quality climbing...!
OP joshen 29 Sep 2012
In reply to AJM: Cheers for the advice, I'll check them out.
 Pete_Frost 02 Oct 2012
In reply to joshen: Hi, I'm looking for somewhere to climb in Spain around that time too. Perhaps we could meet up? Can't onsight much more than 6a+/HVS at the moment, but hopefully that will improve. Will let you know if my mates come up with any decent suggestions for venues.
Regards
Pete
Rockhopper85 04 Oct 2012
In reply to joshen: El chorro... Absolutely amazing, stay at Finca de le campa, has a lovely pool area etc for €10 a night, an hour from Malaga (cheap flights) we hired a car online for £50 for the week. YouTube Camino del Rey high def, an added pathway of excitement for a rest day,has a rock fax guide, trad and sport multipitch and single pitch.
 Bonzkars 04 Oct 2012
In reply to Rockhopper85:
heading there for Christmas. Where did you get the car hire from? lovely prices!
 Sam Mayfield 04 Oct 2012
In reply to Rockhopper85:

Yeh I'd like that car hire company too as we never get that cheap up here on Costa Blanca!

Sam Orange
Rockhopper85 04 Oct 2012
In reply to bonzka: got it from eurocar. We thought we would wing it and get one there, over £200. Luckily we was being joined by someone else the day after, they went online and got it for 50.
 Rog Wilko 04 Oct 2012
In reply to joshen: Some of us went to the Toulon area last March and found it very agreeable. I'm sure November would be fine most of the time. Claims to be a 12 month climbing venue. See http://www.climbapedia.com/en/articles/sport-climbing-around-toulon/ for more info.
 d_b 04 Oct 2012
In reply to joshen:

I was out in malta last week. It was too hot to climb, but we had a look at some of the crags and the rock looked immaculate.

Good food, cheap wine and friendly people too. Just don't ask about the driving.
 BALD EAGLE 04 Oct 2012
In reply to joshen:

I've been to Tenerife for the last 2 years, late December for a week, and always had a most excellent time! See the following UKC article for more info:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4410

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...