UKC

What's up with La Sportiva?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lyons 22 Sep 2012
Order my La Sportiva Solutions back in February, still waiting.......latest I have heard it'll be November by the time Lyon Distribution gets their stock from La Sportiva.

I love the Solutions and won't wear anything else but this is getting a bit weak! My problem is I am a size 36 so nowt going in anyones stock. Anyone else had problems getting their rock shoes? I wouldn't mind the wait but what bugs me is the fact that they have an advertising campaign for the Futuras......what's the point if you can't actually get them?
 Dan Lane 22 Sep 2012
In reply to lyons:

As far as i know, La Sportiva basicly have a massive supply chain problem at the moment. All coming from the fact that basically they didn't make enough shoes a couple of years ago, coupled with the larger number of shoes now being sold.
 Chi Cheng 22 Sep 2012
In reply to lyons:
With the price of 5.10s going up. Shops moved over to sportiva as they are about the same price now. Sportiva did not have the suppy to meet demand and are low on stock in all but a few shoes.

It close to getting back to normal. End of the month is what ive heard
OP lyons 22 Sep 2012
In reply to Chi Cheng:
The climbing works told me it's looking like November now!
 TobyA 22 Sep 2012
In reply to lyons: Can you squeeze into a 35.5? If so Telemark Pyrenees has them and their prices are normally excellent. No 36s though. Nor at Barrabes, so maybe its a trans European shortage!
 GPN 22 Sep 2012
In reply to Chi Cheng:
> (In reply to lyons)
> With the price of 5.10s going up. Shops moved over to sportiva as they are about the same price now. Sportiva did not have the supply to meet demand and are low on stock in all but a few shoes.

That's complete bollocks I reckon!

nicboarder 23 Sep 2012
In reply to lyons: Maybe some of Sportivas issues with supply/demand explains the poor experience I have had with my most recent pair of Katanas. My first pair lasted well over a year, and then I had a resole and got another year out of them. Just got another pair and have been climbing in them 3-4 months tops and they have lost so much rubber at the front of the toe, that one of them has actually split and gone through. Also happened to two other people I know, we all bought our Katanas at a similar time, but from different stores. Maybe there is a dodgy batch. I am so disappointed with them I am looking for another style or brand of shoe now - and quick before my big toe pops out through the end. Has anyone else had issues with the toe rubber on katanas recently?
 robmack 23 Sep 2012
In reply to nicboarder: 3 to 4 months sounds acceptable to me.
OP lyons 23 Sep 2012
In reply to TobyA:
Cheers TobyA, might just get away with them, love tight shoes. I did try the 35s and nearly passed out. They were TIGHT.
 torquil 24 Sep 2012
In reply to nicboarder:
> Has anyone else had issues with the toe rubber on katanas recently?

I resoled a pair of Miura's a while back that I was surprised to find were only 5 weeks old and had gone right through at the toe already but whether thats an issue with construction/rubber or just a lot of hard use indoors I wouldn't like judge.

Katanas and Miuras do make up a huge proportion of my resoles but I've always put that down to a reflection of their popularity - along with anasazis they account for well over half my work.

steve456 24 Sep 2012
In reply to nicboarder: As far as I know, katanas used to use XS grip, now they're on the supposedly harder wearing, cheaper, and not-as-sticky XS edge.

The stiffer compound in edge crumbles or shears off more perhaps? I nearly bought a pair of almost-new katanas on here to replace my old ones. Toes were worn to the rand after 'worn them a few times' so I didn't. My XS grip katanas did ~18 months of probably ~10 hours training a week and didn't look much worse at the toe.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...