UKC

Ampitheatre Buttress - the two daves!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Homebrew165 24 Sep 2012
Hi, not sure if either of you use UKC but myself and mike climbed alongside two daves from the north-east on 22nd September. You mentioned a couple of photos but we didn't get a chance to leave an email address, could you message me on here if this is seen!
Was a pleasure to climb alongside you guys and hope you got down safely!

Andy
 Mike Conlon 24 Sep 2012
In reply to Homebrew165:I presume you are refering to Dave and myself (Mike) from the NE of England on Amphitheatre last Saturday. Dave was keen to leave his e-mail address and actually gave it to a party of three who were heading up from the road head for a night-time ramble, hoping they would see you speeding down. We saw the same three yesterday on the Gribbin and they said they had not seen you but had left a note on one of the stiles. But hey ho, UKC at its best has come to the rescue and I will make sure that Dave knows and I am sure he will forward the photos.
It was equally a pleasure to share the route with you and Mike and thanks for letting us lead through at your tea halt, we were beginning to feel a chill at that point and were glad to top out into the lovely evening sun. You two seemed impervious to the cold and looked perfectly happy as you approached that final difficulty below the top. We looked out for the two who bailed out with the ankle injury but I guess they were well down before us. If they read this it would be interesting to hear how their descent went.
We walked down with two nice guys who had walked up and over from Ogwen Cottage and they were very grateful for a lift back up to their car. One way and another we saw the best of our sport that day, great route, fabulous isolated location and the best of people. A non climbing member of our meet had walked up Snowden the same day. She was amazed at the many hundreds making up the crowds at the top and she said you had to queue to get anywhere near the summit cairn. Apart from those on the route itself, we saw four other people all day ! Take care and hope to bump into you again sometime.
 Mike Conlon 24 Sep 2012
In reply to Mike Conlon: Snowdon of course !
 dingbat46 24 Sep 2012
In reply to Homebrew165:

Hi, it was myself and Mark who had to bail off with the Ankle injury. We went out rather slowly over the col with a lot of grunting from Mark. His ankle seems to be unbroken, just muscular damage.

Thanks to all who let us abseil through! Good to chat with you all on the way down.
 Mike Conlon 24 Sep 2012
In reply to dingbat46: Glad to read that you got down ok. Let us know how you get on in Great Gully ! Mike
OP Homebrew165 24 Sep 2012
In reply to Mike Conlon: aha, appologies about the name mix up, i knew there was two of one name! We were a bit slower getting down than anticipated and had to retrieve our bivi gear before descending so got down in the dark, hence missing the note.
Good to hear your mate's ankle isn't too badly damaged also.
Take care out there folks.
OP Homebrew165 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Homebrew165: the camembert and fantastic climbing kept the cold out!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...