UKC

a career and climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bonzkars 24 Sep 2012
I imagine there a few who can relate.

The difficulties of balancing a time intensive career that you're passionate about and a thirst for climbing that doesn't dissipate. In fact, the more intensive my work gets the more I want to climb. I've got a huge 'project' at work but if i'm due to be hitting the wall of an evening - i'm flying out that office faster than shit off a stick. If I spent less time climbing and thinking about climbing - I'd probably be spending even more time thinking about work shit, which is good and bad.

To the room - how do you balance a job you love and sport/hobby you can't stop craving?
 hedgepig 24 Sep 2012
In reply to bonzka: Ride the blow, it's not going to go away, you will have to live a double life. Eat, sleep, climb, day-job and repeat.
 dutybooty 24 Sep 2012
In reply to bonzka: In my case...badly
 John_Hat 24 Sep 2012
In reply to bonzka:

It's tricky. Basically I ring-fence certain times of the week (tuesday night, thursday night, and Saturday) as "climbing" time, and defend that against work encroachment come what may. This may mean I work late Monday/Wednesday/Friday and do some work on Sunday, but I think I'd start to resent work if climbing suffered.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...