UKC

Dry Crags in N Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pero 27 Sep 2012
Off to N Wales tonight but I'm not sure what crags will dry quickest after the deluge. What's likely to be our best bet for location?
 EeeByGum 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Pero: Tremadog springs instantly to mind, but will still have seepage.
 Alex Mason 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Pero: Slate is definitely the most quick drying. Most of the Anglesey crags will dry pretty quick too.
 bobpilgrem 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Pero: Craig y Clipiau near Ffestiniog is quick drying- climbed there last week.
 GrahamD 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Pero:

If you are in the pass, the Nose on Dinas Mot and a lot of Dinas Cromlech dry pretty quickly and they are visible from the road.
 CurlyStevo 27 Sep 2012
In reply to GrahamD:
I can vouch that "the cracks" on Dinas Mot is not that fast drying, specifically around the start of the first proper crack pitch.
 Al Evans 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Pero: Have you done Carreg Hyll Drem girdle?
 rockcat 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Pero: If you are into bolted limestone try the A55 crags. Castle Inn is exposed and dries very quickly indeed. Penmaen Head is worth a punt as well and there should be quite a bit to go at with 60 routes.
 robw007 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Pero:

We are off to NWales tomorrow and also concerned re the wet weather this last week.

Seepage will be an issue on most of the crags except slate I reckon.

Could be an excuse to drop a few grades and get some classics in?
 string arms 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Pero: i was bouldering on the cromlech boulders tonight. cromlech was wet as were the wings of the mot. nose was dry but had some wet streaks. if it doesnt rain overnight then the nose (not sure about the top crack pitches) should be in nick. As mentioned earlier the A55 venues would be ok as would most of the slate. Trem will have streaks in places but should be ok. Weather for sat is good too. sunday rain. Phil
 robw007 27 Sep 2012
In reply to string arms:

Helpful - thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...